Change from 3-day to 2-day week

Options
Hi all,

Due to a limited amount of available time, I'm considering moving from 3-day week to a 2-day week when it comes to exercises.

Currently I'm doing weights 3 times a week and I rotate between a "Training A" & "Training B". So for example:

Wk1: ABA
Wk2: BAB
Wk3: ABA
Etc.

Both trainings cover full body exercises but I'm not doing (and not intending to) any cardio.

I'm also maintaining my weight after losing 18kg in 7 months. I'm on IF and 2,6k calories.

My question is: How do I change from 2-day to 3-day week of exercises without losing my progress? Should I increase the intensity?

Any help or advice will be appreciated!

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Your gonna have to be more specific on what you plan to do the two days and what your goal is.
  • BogdanB84
    BogdanB84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good point. My end goal is to lose the unnecessary body fat. Considering I don't want to lose any more weight, my other goal is to shape the body as best as I can.

What I want to do in those two days? No idea yet :-) Hence my post. I'm looking for something that will enable me to hit my end goals - losing fat and shaping body.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    What equipment do you have available?
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I'd follow a concise full body strength routine, with a short "metcon" type finisher afterwards.
  • BogdanB84
    BogdanB84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My gym is pretty well equipped so I think I have all the things that I need.
    And thanks for the tips. Not sure what metcon is but I will find out :-)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Do AB every week. You will keep progressing.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    BogdanB84 wrote: »
    Good point. My end goal is to lose the unnecessary body fat. Considering I don't want to lose any more weight, my other goal is to shape the body as best as I can.

So since you want to lose fat but not weight you are looking basically at doing a recomp.
    My question is: How do I change from 2-day to 3-day week of exercises without losing my progress?

Progress will eventually stop at any level regardless and eventually things will have to be added/tweaked , so keep that in mind.

Eating at maintenance instead of a surplus will make your stall happen sooner but you can still squeeze some gains out.

Running something along the lines of Starting Strength template would be a decent fit.

Day 1:
    Squat
    Bench
    Upper Back (Chins, rows)
    1-2 accessories

Day 2:
    Squat
    Press
    Deadlift
    1-2 accessories
    Should I increase the intensity?

If you want progress...intensity can be the gauge of that but it won't be what drives it necessarily.

Follow a program and understand how the decisions you make govern your progress.