Makeup?

Options
Jayfeather15
Jayfeather15 Posts: 107 Member
Anyone got any tips on bringing out brown eyes? I have been told I have beautiful eyes. Can anyone suggest an eyeshadow palette? Any other makeup or skin care tips are welcomed as well.

Replies

• Dinahxx01
    Dinahxx01 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love the bronzy shade on brown eyes it looks beautiful in my opinion , with a shade of purple/blue/green you'll rock!!
  • Rajions
    Rajions Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Blue eyeshadow makes brown eyes POP! I'm like a makeup addict. A nice blue eyeshadow, matte or shimmer, will do. Put various shades of brown in the crease starting from lightest to dark, eyeliner and a pair of flared or wispy lashes and you're good to go!
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I.have brown eyes and the right kind of purple can look.Beautiful on your eyes! I use colors from a violet color palette.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Blue for brown and brown for blue!
  • Jayfeather15
    Options
    Rajions wrote: »
    Blue eyeshadow makes brown eyes POP! I'm like a makeup addict. A nice blue eyeshadow, matte or shimmer, will do. Put various shades of brown in the crease starting from lightest to dark, eyeliner and a pair of flared or wispy lashes and you're good to go!

What about natural eyeshadow? Have you tried the Naked palette?

• MarriedchunkyK
    MarriedchunkyK Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I like my Kat Von d monarch palette other than that a blue or purple palette. Check YouTube lots of great brown eye looks there.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    ybgkl6klv0cc.jpg

tartelette
    Amazonian clay matte palette

I have deep dark brown eyes..

my hair color and eye color works best with the purple shades, but I use the browns/neutrals as well.
    607.jpg 80.4K
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    blue
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I remember years ago when I was a beauty adviser, there was a makeup line that had different shadows and liners for different colored eyes and plum was one of the colors for brown eyes and a co-worker tried it out and her eyes popped. It was kind of sheer so it wasn't really prominent bit enough to to accent the color of her eyes.
  • kytdkyt
    kytdkyt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have brown eyes and love using an emerald green or deep violet eyeliner on my upper lids, with light brown eyeshadow. Blue eyeshadow on me makes me look like I'm in Jr. High school.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Leenizi129 wrote: »
    I.have brown eyes and the right kind of purple can look.Beautiful on your eyes! I use colors from a violet color palette.

This. I use a color called Shale from Mac. You can also check Pinterest. There are tons of ideas for those of us with brown eyes.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I'm going to stick with the natural look.
  • duckquacky
    duckquacky Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »

I dunno...a little eyeliner could really make that beard stand out! Haha.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    duckquacky wrote: »

Might bring out the gold flecks in my eyes too. I'll take it under advisement.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    duckquacky wrote: »

Might bring out the gold flecks in my eyes too. I'll take it under advisement.

One of my best guy friends wears guyliner. Looks good on him too.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If people are saying your eyes are pretty it probably has a lot more to do with shape and size and eyelash length. Unless your eyes are light brown so they look very different. Brown eyes are the most common eye color. Find out what about your eyes is intriguing. Maybe you have many things, maybe they are big, almond shaped, long lashes AND light brown, basically you would just need to be natural, that would show off how amazing they are without anything added. If you wanna wear something black smokey eyes make any eye stand out like no tomorrow :)
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Cassandrarodriguez89 is right, there's normally a specific reason as to why your eyes are your best feature. Unfortunately bad make up application/colour choice won't bring out the best in them.

Maybe you could invest in a make up session to find out what colours/Styles work for you?
  • TurnuptheACDC
    TurnuptheACDC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    The UD Naked palette, a good mascara, and curler. I recommend Lancome's Hypose and Tarte's lash curler. Or lash extensions if you can afford the upkeep. I personally love them and get compliments all the time.
  • Jayfeather15
    Options
    If people are saying your eyes are pretty it probably has a lot more to do with shape and size and eyelash length. Unless your eyes are light brown so they look very different. Brown eyes are the most common eye color. Find out what about your eyes is intriguing. Maybe you have many things, maybe they are big, almond shaped, long lashes AND light brown, basically you would just need to be natural, that would show off how amazing they are without anything added. If you wanna wear something black smokey eyes make any eye stand out like no tomorrow :)
    Well they're sort of obscure but not obscure at the same time.