Three weeks in

Options
ashbabe25
ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
I'm determined to lose at least 20#before I turn 40 in 2 1/2 months. I got my misfit for Christmas and mid march I finally started using my fitness tracker to keep a food diary and it's helped. I've significantly lessened the amount of sugar I eat, eat healthier foods and have not gone over my calorie goal once.

My problem is I work a desk job and try as I may to get up and move during the day it's not easy when I've gotta be there to get the phone when it rings.

I do workout on the weekends. Both days. I've started doing walking workouts from YouTubers that I'm subscribed to. They help. Omg after the first weekend every muscle was sore, this weekend was better but whoa were my abs sore

Replies

• hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your start! Depending on your current weight 20 lbs. in 2-1/2 months may be a real challenge. MFP is set up for 2 pounds per week, and the more weight you lose (usually at first) slows down a little with the more weight you lose, so whatever you do don't get discouraged with it, just hang in there and keep going. Make it a life style change--and forget about birthday challenges, etc. This one is for your entire life.
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I lost 2# the first week then my scale went berserk and wouldn't weigh me the same twice. I moved it all over the place and even changed the batteries and when that didn't work, I tossed it in the trash.

I'm 5'4" and embarrassed to say I weigh 155lbs right now. I haven't been this heavy in years and I absolutely hate myself right now.