Favorite sweet/salty low cal snacks?

Options
What are your favorite sweet snacks and salty snacks when you get a craving. Im the type of person that snacks a lot. Now that Im trying to lose weight Im not sure what stuff to stock up on? I know fruits and veggies.. I always have those. But when your craving junk but want to stay under calorie goal.

Replies

• ConquerAndBloom
    ConquerAndBloom Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If I have room I'll snag something that usually goes in my son's lunchbox, like Ritz peanut butter crackers or fruit snacks. :D
  • ttodd16
    ttodd16 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Pickles. Kimchi. Seriously, when I am starving after work, I open the jar of kimchi and eat several pieces. It is high in sodium if you eat too much, but a serving or two is like 15-20 calories and it's so flavorful that it gets me through.
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Veggie Straws, Pretzels, 100 calorie chocolate bars (I have seen snickers, twix and Dove), Fiber One cookie, Halo Top Ice Cream, etc. There are options and they will give you the sweet or salty fix you need... you just have to find what works for you. :)
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    SmartFood Jalepeno Cheddar Popcorn hits the spot many evenings. The serving size is large and the calories are reasonable. Same with the sweet version of Boom Chicka Pop.

For sweets, I've been making chocolate overnight oats (sweetened with stevia) for breakfast, and it's like having dessert. I really like it.
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I made ranch Cheerios for a salty snack. And surprisingly they came out amazing. I also like the generic brand gold fish, and if I need protein I ad some peanut butter. Lately I haven't been craving any sweets since I started this weightloss journey so no suggestions there.
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love sweet and salty together! These are some of my favorites:

-apple with sargento cheese stick
    -berries with sargento cheese stick
    -grapes and cheese stick
    -grapes and nuts
    -yogurt and berries or nuts
    -100 calorie packs of cashews
    -fiber one brownies 90 calories (I love the lemon bars and chocolate chip brownies the best)
    -fiber one cheesecake bars 150 calories
    -Orville Reddenbacher's single serve bags 100 calories
    -nature valley granola cups (I like the peanut butter chocolate ones) 200 calories
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    ProSupps, My Bar, Salted Caramel Peanut Crunch protein bars. Sweet, salty, chocolate, peanuts, protein and 220 calories.
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    A cup of cocoa pebbles and unsweetend vanilla almond milk, popcorn with brewers yeast salt garlic, Kim chi or roasted beets with cottage cheese. Pretzel sticks with honey or a little laurapin mustard. Low sodium v8. Right now I have a snack ritual.. a few triscuits with goat cheese, dried apricots and sriacha. I also keep tons of tea around Good Earth sweet and spicy or celestial seasonings fruit blends.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Are you actually hungry, or just snacking out of boredom or habit?

I could graze all day if I let myself, but I never feel satisfied, and just keep on looking for food. I have more success by getting rid of snacks altogether! I make my meals bigger, with plenty of protein and fat and fibre which helps satiate and satisfy me
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Pickles and olives are my go-to for a salt fix. They are high in sodium though if that's something you are mindful of.