Turkey Burgers-frozen patties

Options
Does anyone know any brands of turkey burgers that are good that are premade patties? My husband will not eat them, so for convienence sake, I would love to try some but want to buy them frozen so I can just take one out when I want it. I guess I could just buy some ground turkey meat and make my own and freeze excess patties. I looked at my grocery store and only found plain ones. Are there any flavored kind out there? That may be the deciding factor if I buy premade or make my own. Anyone care to share some tried and true turkey burger recipes?

Replies

• MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    Bump
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Jennie-O is very good. Not sure about any flavored ones. Butterball has fresh pre-made patties but you can take them out of the pack and freeze them separately.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you feel about veggie burgers, but Morningstar makes some great ones! I actually just had a veggie burger for lunch on an Arnold Sandwich thin ( delish!).They also have a Black Bean burger which is also very good! They are very easy to make.
    Hope this helps!
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    I had Jennie-o's this weekend. I believe they come in at 190 cal per 1/4 patty. they were good coming off the grill
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    I don't know how you feel about veggie burgers, but Morningstar makes some great ones! I actually just had a veggie burger for lunch on an Arnold Sandwich thin ( delish!).They also have a Black Bean burger which is also very good! They are very easy to make.
    Hope this helps!

I'm a fan of Boca burgers although i eat morningstar sausage patties for breakfast.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I love the black bean burgers from Morningstar! They are delicious. IDK, there's just something about wanting to try a turkey burger. I know they can be nutritionally as bad as a regular burger if you don't watch the fat content.
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    I'm going to join in on lovin' the Jennie-O. That's what we barbecued for 4th of July. Pretty good stuff.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    If you go on Allrecipes.com they have an awesome turkey burger recipe...I think its called Actually delicious turkey burgers. Just make sure you use the leanest turkey you can find to keep calories down. These are great and my picky husband likes them too!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I use the Jennie-O and I season with black pepper, garlic, and what ever else I happen to pull out of the spice drawer that day.
    If he doesn't like those the only other thing I can think of is like you said, making them yourself and freezing.
    Good luck!
    Steph :flowerforyou:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Make sure you use lean ground turkey breast. If you buy the regular ole Jennie O turkey burgers, they are not doing you any good and you could have a regular hamburger for that.

I personally love Perdue ground chicken breast burgers - much better than turkey IMO, and 80 calories for 4oz. (3 oz cooked). Use a 100-calorie whole wheat bun and a slice of low fat cheese and you can come in ar around 220 calories for a nice burger!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the frozen ones, but I have used ground turkey in place of beef, and soon figured out that all ground turkey is NOT created equal.

If you look for "turkey breast" or "white meat" in the description on the label, I have found you will end up with something edible, that will easily pick up seasonings, or the flavors of what you have with it,(ie chili, or spaghetti sauce). If you get plain "ground turkey" and breast or while is not specified, you end up with that overpowering "taste" that no amount of spice will cover, and will drive your family away from turkey burgers forever.

EDIT: The plain ground turkey is popular with three members of my household--my dogs love it!!! But they like the white meat turkey even better!!
  • long2Blittle
    Options
    I buy frozen turkey burger patties at Costco. They are very good, both me and my husband love them. We actually prefer them over beef (most of the time).
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I buy frozen turkey burger patties at Costco. They are very good, both me and my husband love them. We actually prefer them over beef (most of the time).

Thank you for posting this. I have often wondered about those, but since I live alone, I didn't want to end up with a "Paul Bunyan" size package of something that I didn't care for. I will have to try some next time there is room in the freezer.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Jenny-o! Make sure you get the plain ones, there are also "seasoned" ones (which I bought accidentally once)... they were way too salty for me.
  • rfaust2321
    rfaust2321 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    TURKEY BURGERS ONLY TASTE GOOD GRILLED

I love the Butter Ball Sweet Onion Seasoned Frozen Turkey Burgers, for 40 calories less you can go with Jennie O

Jennie O All Natural Turkey Burgers - Made from Lean White Meat .
    I add Garlic Salt, Onion Powder and Black Pepper.

DO NOT GET THE PHIILY GOURMET TURKEY BURGERS - THEY TASTE GAMEY and smells like a poultry shop when grilling.
    YUCK. Taste Like boiled TURKEY
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Jennie-O baby. We always get the seasoned ones. Everyone here loves them, including the toddler.
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I actually just had a jalapeno jack turkey burger by Jennie-O for lunch - it was pretty good. I'd recommend :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know any brands of turkey burgers that are good that are premade patties? My husband will not eat them, so for convienence sake, I would love to try some but want to buy them frozen so I can just take one out when I want it. I guess I could just buy some ground turkey meat and make my own and freeze excess patties. I looked at my grocery store and only found plain ones. Are there any flavored kind out there? That may be the deciding factor if I buy premade or make my own. Anyone care to share some tried and true turkey burger recipes?

There is no such thing, beef, pork or lamb is superior for burgers
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options

I recently bought Butterball ones, which is a well-known name brand.

I also enjoy chicken burgers, I usually buy the Perdue brand.

ETA: I *think* the suggestions I offered came in the refrigerator section of my grocer, not frozen. But I freeze 'em soon as I get home. They come in a package of 4 (or is it 6?).

I often pan fry, they cook up and brown nicely (I spray a bit of Pam as they tend to stick). I eat one sometimes every day for lunch ~ I plop it right on a big salad and top with all sorts of creative stuff ;), they're good!

If you buy ground turkey or chicken (not made in to patties), this "stuffed peppers" recipe is a delicious meal ~ I'm making it again tonight in fact! I've been hooked on it and make it weekly and have plenty of leftovers. A step I added that makes them extra yummy is, before stuffing & baking, I steam the peppers in a big pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes ~ makes them a perfect texture!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/turkey-stuffed-peppers-45-pts.html
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've only had the Jennie-O turkey burgers. They are amazing!