Low calorie High Protein ideas?????.

Options
ThinManRuning
ThinManRuning Posts: 33 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi peeps, I'm after your suggestions on some lower calorie Proteins as most of the Proteins that I am aware of ( like beef mince, lamb, chicken) are high calorie which is impacting on my daily intake, I have also changed my daily percent from 30% protein to 50% and removed some % out of my carbs allowance, to fall inline with the grams of Protein to weight rule and I dont like heaps of carbs, so im needing more Proteins than normal.

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Pollock (or most any fish), chicken breast (already mentioned), eggs are not terrible.

Keep in mind that excess protein converts to glucose via gluconeogenesis. If you cut carbs to improve BG, then you may be hindering that goal if you are adding too much protein.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese
  • ThinManRuning
    Options
    ill try to incorporate cottage cheese, and went to the shop today to get more tinned tuna too thanks, i guess it's the red meat that is calorie dense, ill try to get for fish into my diet...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    seafood, reduced fat dairy, beans
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, cottage cheese, greek yoghurt, fish.
  • bronagh679
    bronagh679 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Can't go wrong with protein powder...
  • ThinManRuning
    Options
    bronagh679 wrote: »
    Can't go wrong with protein powder...

i use protein powder already and dont really want to just rely on supplements over real food.. But it is a great booster especially after I made a vegetarian lasagna for something different this week.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,369 Member
    Options
    Check this thread, it's pure gold: Links to a spreadsheet that lists foods basically by protein efficiency, most protein for fewest calories. Go down the list, find foods you like, eat more of them.

Carbs and Fats are cheap. Here's a Guide to getting your PROTEIN's worth. Fiber also...
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    How many total grams of protein are you aiming for? 50% seems unusually high, unless your calorie target is very low.
  • ts218
    ts218 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Fage Greek Yogurt - only 130 calories and 23 g protein per cup. Good snack with some berries or tablespoon of maple syrup
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Canned fish
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I noticed you bought canned tuna, but have you tried other varieties? I personally love the flavored salmon packets, oysters, mussels, and sardines/ herring in sauces.
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Seafood, but depending on your needs, you'll need to watch cholesterol and sodium with seafood