Drug that kills.

Options
jaymie_x0
jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
I have always been thin, had a fast metabolism & obesity is the last thing that runs in my family...we are all very tall and thin..i'm 5'11..i DID weigh 165 (which is great for my height) well....then in 2009 i started taking paxil for anxiety...i wish i had done my research first...i packed on 40 pounds in the first 2 1/2 years of taking taking this *kitten*..luckily i am tall and carry it well..but i did NOT feel good about myself...well i never thought it was the paxil that made me gain weight..or crave carbs and sugars and ALCOHOL....until i started doing research a month ago..& WOW. i started weaning off of it the next day...i have been two weeks paxil free (xanax to help side affects) & have already dropped 10 lbs!! i am so happy i have done my research & decided to stop taking this horrible drug...lets hope the rest of this weight falls off easy! I no long crave carbs sugar & have been alcohol free for TWO WEEKS now because i don't crave it anymore. yay me! :love:

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Isn't it amazing how much the drugs that help you in one area totally mess up another area? The only prescription I take is birth control, but it totally makes my hair thinner (I hate that!). I'm glad you're off and getting great results! I had a friend who gained a lot of weight while on Paxil (and she's only an inch taller than my 5'2", so it really showed on her) and she just got more depressed and panicked! Side effects can be really powerful! Good luck on your weight loss! 5'11". Gosh. You're a VIKING! :D
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • 13ftw67
    13ftw67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Anybody ever heard of Synedrex Physician Formulated Weight Loss Solution as a fat burner? my 23 year old son told me some trainer told him to take it for appetite suppression and metabolism boosting. I would like to hear any feedback anybody has on the stuff good or bad.
  • jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    i have never heard of it..i dont even have an appetite anymore since i've been off paxil.
  • Meganmary01
    Options
    I went from 128 pounds to 141 pounds in one year on paxil. I have been off 7 days, withdraw is awful. My doctor said Paxil definitely was the cause of my weight gain. If I had know this prior I would have never taken. I run 7 days a week, very active.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I just started taking paxil and I am struggling to reach 1200 calories.
  • BabyNurseJen
    BabyNurseJen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I took paxil for a few months in my 20's. I don't remember how much weight I gained, but my weight gain was noticeable within weeks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!