Lightly active, active, very active

How do you know which setting to fit best to? What determines someone is active? I workout 4+ times a week and try to walk more than 10,500 steps a day.

Replies

• winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    I would say you're active. I know when you set up your goals for MFP and Fitbit it asks how active you are or aren't based on your average daily steps or your type of job. Really activity is based on what you do for the majority of your day not only how often you work out. If you have a physical job where you are on your feet and moving all day you are likely very active as apposed to a desk job being more sedentary.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    In another thread you indicated you have a Fitbit. If it is synced with MFP, enable negative adjustments, then set MFP to Sedentary or Lightly Active. After a few days, if you continually get a large Calorie adjustment at the end of the day, bump the MFP Activity Level up to Active, etc.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    10, 500 steps is light active. Log exercise separately
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 358 Member
    How do you know which setting to fit best to? What determines someone is active? I workout 4+ times a week and try to walk more than 10,500 steps a day.

I workout 5-6 days a week (cardio, lifting, swimming etc). BUT, I have it set as lightly active because I have a desk job. There may be days something happens and I can't workout so I don't want to eat over my daily activity. I set my activity goal based on my job.