Counting fruits and vegetables???

Options
2»

Replies

• thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    If you're losing weight without counting calories from fruit and veg, then keep it up.

I suspect eventually you will hit a plateau that you won't break through until you begin counting everything, but if it's working for now, who am I to judge?
  • terryt1992
    terryt1992 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input. It does seem to be working I have lost weight since switching back to MFP. Another this I forgot to mention is that I do not add my workout calories on MFP so I never eat those unless you add in the fruit and veggies that I did not count. Seems like everyone here agrees that you should definitely be counting the calories for these. One a typical day I would eat 1-2 bananas 1 apple then a generous serving of vegetables with lunch and dinner. So I know those things combined could add up to 350-600 calories a day. I will test this and see what happens I am still extremely over weight so my eating deficit to lose weight is still pretty high. I weigh 330 and my calorie goal is 2000 per day
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you aren't eating back exercise calories.. it's probably going to even out, especially if you have an aggressive weight loss goal like 2 lbs a week.

Personally, I don't change things that aren't broken yet. Once you stop losing and you get more lean, than I would tighten up your logging practices.
  • terryt1992
    terryt1992 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I agree with that @psuLemon I am going to test it anyways I wont change it but whatever works best for me is what I am going to do. I do agree that at a certain point when my body is more finacky that I would need to count them and yest my goal is 2lbs per week. With a sedentary life style so my calorie goal is way low from the beginning. I do Workout and exercise but also have a sit down all day job so I figured that would work best