Kinda, Maybe, Sorta...

Options
I'm kinda watching what I eat and I"m kinda exercising. I need to remove the "kinda" out of there, but I have a laundry list of excuses to which I'm clinging (e.g., work, kids, stress, class, social obligations, etc.). Anyone else have that problem?

Replies

• melodydee66
    melodydee66 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm experiencing this right now. I'm so frustrated by it. I'm "mostly" eating well. I'm "mostly" exercising well. But I'm not doing it consistently and the scale isn't showing any movement. In fact in the last month, it's creeped up a couple pounds. I'm making excuses too. It's water weight... I had too much sodium yesterday... It was my husband's b-day, so I had to have a slice of cake... I ate too late at night... I'd love some ideas on getting fully motivated again. I've lost 83 lbs in the last year, but seem to have stopped. I really don't want to just stop here. I need to get moving again, but I feel stuck. I know it's entirely mental. Feel free to add me as a friend and maybe we can check in each day and motivate each other? Maybe some accountability would help?
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Used to until I decided I had to make time for me. Right now that time is either before everyone gets up (5am) or after the kids go to school (9am), but I'd rather do it earlier so I can get my day going. I eat pretty much the same menu for breakfast and lunch. I preplan what I'm making for dinner during the week and adjust my schedule accordingly. I found preplanning my day helps when I want to just eat the entire pantry, because then I'm held accountable. You just have to decide you want to do it an stick to it.
  • fitzmonkey13
    fitzmonkey13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Change is hard. I don't know what will work for you, but for me, it was picking one thing at time to work on. I started by just committing to tracking everything I ate. At first I wasn't even worried about calories, just tracking. When that got easier, I started meal planning and prepping, getting recipes into mfp so I could track easier. Then I started to focus more on exercise and making daily goals.

Don't try to be perfect today. I had every excuse in the world to not commit. But taking it one goal at a time made it really hard to justify the half-kittened approach I was using.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I feel that if I enjoy my exercise then I'm more likely to stick with it. Same with food, I have found some delicious healthy recipes that taste great. Trial and error, try different exercises and recipes and find something that works for you. There is so much out there! Have fun and kick those excuses to the curb
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I was kinda sorta maybe working out at home, but then all the excuses came. I finally got a gym membership. It does not rain or snow in the gym, my cat and dog don't get under foot and I leave my phone in the car.
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Yes! Haha. Well now I do unfortunately have a real excuse not to exercise because I have back problems...just walking a couple of miles a day causes a lot of pain. But yes, I used all those excuses before.

I have excuses for my diet too. It's too expensive to eat healthy...It's too hard with young children...I don't like a lot of normal protein sources so I'm constantly starving which always sabotages things.