Premium MFP vs Regular

Options
Hi Everyone!

Is anyone a premium Member? If so, what do you like with the Premium vs just basic users? Im considering becoming a premium member.

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    I have used MFP since 2012, lost the weight before MFP offered Premium, and have maintained without it. I am not really that interested in the features, but there are many who are.

If you do not get many responses, you can search for the word Premium in the advanced search feature of MFP Community and browse through those discussions.

Here is a link to the search with title=Premium.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search?title=Premium
  • domgetsfitter
    domgetsfitter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just recently switched to premium and I just like it because I tend to pay more attention to macros the calories in general so it helps me out. But it's still not absolutely necessary just helps me out a little more
  • wonmon
    wonmon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I purchased premium last year for a few reasons:
    1. The premium setting that allows tracking of exercise without adding the calories back into your daily limit - I find it to be much easier to stick to my restriction if I don't see those calories added back in, and they're probably overestimating calorie output anyway.
    2. Like the above poster said, it's easier to follow macros.
    3. I find MFP super beneficial and I wanted to support its development.

I don't think it's necessary but I feel like MFP is worth supporting, so why not. I'm definitely getting $50 worth of value out of it over the year.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Read the features carefully and decide if they are of value to you. All too often people start threads saying "I bought Premium so I could do XYZ, and it doesn't do it!!" and MFP never said it did.

Personally, I don't see the value in it, and I think MFP puts very little effort into their development and tends to 'fix' things that aren't broken and screw more stuff up in the process, so I wouldn't pay jsut to support them.