Chicken stir fry sauce

Options
Rebecca0224
Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
I'm making chicken stir fry tonight and need suggestions for sauce. Any good recipes or just ideas of a sauce to go with it?

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I use equal parts soy sauce and water, fresh ginger and garlic, mirin, and toasted sesame oil. Maybe some red pepper flakes. Add cornstarch to thicken. Yum!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I start with 1 cup broth, 2 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar and 1 tbsp cornstarch

I generally use green onion, minced garlic and fresh ginger while sauteing veggies........but these can be part of the sauce as well. Sesame oil yum! Brown sugar, orange juice, lemon zest.....tons of different flavors.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I start with 1 cup broth, 2 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar and 1 tbsp cornstarch

I generally use green onion, minced garlic and fresh ginger while sauteing veggies........but these can be part of the sauce as well. Sesame oil yum! Brown sugar, orange juice, lemon zest.....tons of different flavors.

Oh yeah, I forgot the sugar! I definitely like mine on the sweet side. Green onions sound like a good addition :smile:
  • Delaine1130
    Delaine1130 Posts: 54 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I boil chicken 1st then add some olive oil to make them look and taste grilled then I add coconut aminos less sodium then soy sauce low in calories and so good. Plus u get the benefits of amino acids!!!
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,845 Member
    Options
    I don't use any sauce. I stir fry the veggies with some olive oil and then add the already cooked chopped chicken pieces to crisp them up a bit.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I do a few things.. at the end of cooking your vegetables add minced garlic, ginger and green onions. For the sauce I use soy sauce, a splash of dry sherry, brown sugar or honey, red chili sauce (sambel), more ginger and garlic and any or all of the following make a great addition to the sauce: hosin sauce, oyster sauce or black bean sauce. Plus cornstarch to thicken.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks everyone.