30 lbs down! 75 to go!

Options
Well it's official! I have lost exactly 30 lbs today! I started on Feb. 25th of this year, and my starting weight was 317.6 lbs. That devastated me as I never thought I would have weighed that much, ever. I have completely quit cold turkey on the fast food, soda, candy, and other junk. I have also been cycling one day and walking the other for at least 20 to 30 minutes a day, which has helped me a lot more. So now I am down to 287.6 lbs and I do feel a bit lighter as well as not feeling tired after work which is a plus for me. I know some people might say that I am losing it too fast, but I haven't really been harming myself, just stopped the junk and replaced it with some better options. My ultimate goal is to get down to 212 lbs and maintain it. I'd also love to start doing some strength training again when I reach 230-240 lbs. So yeah, I think I made a great accomplishment with this so far! :3

Replies

• hokiemom14
    hokiemom14 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great job. I don't know how tall you are (to help get an idea about the right weight range), but since you just started losing, I don't think you are losing too fast :) It sounds great and also sounds like you have been busting your butt to get healthy! You're amazing and no doubt very inspiring to others who are also trying to lose over 100 lbs! Keep us updated.
  • kmg3614
    kmg3614 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • Chihaku_Zeal
    Chihaku_Zeal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    hokiemom14 wrote: »
    Great job. I don't know how tall you are (to help get an idea about the right weight range), but since you just started losing, I don't think you are losing too fast :) It sounds great and also sounds like you have been busting your butt to get healthy! You're amazing and no doubt very inspiring to others who are also trying to lose over 100 lbs! Keep us updated.

Oh thank you so much for that! I'm exactly 6 ft tall so I'm basically a little tall, but not too much. I have been yes, seeing the scale say 317.6, I was mortified, as I never weighed that much in my whole life, and it woke me up big time. I just hope I can probably get down to 212 by the end of the year. :)
  • hokiemom14
    hokiemom14 Posts: 105 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I bet you can do that! You have made the hardest changes since February (at least in my opinion) of dropping the fast food, sugar, soda and other crap AND you added working out! You have made changes that are super hard for a lot of people. Stick with it because I know you have to be loving the results!!! You deserve to do this for yourself :)
  • JinnBee
    JinnBee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! !
  • hazedot
    hazedot Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm just starting out for the second time and looking to actually get down to the healthy BMI range this time. From my heaviest weight 244lbs, I want to lose 97lbs and I'd love to make friends and keep each other motivated!
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    AAaaahh congratulations! It feels fantastic, right?

I just hit 30 pounds today, too! I'm at 30 down, 90 to go, and I am feeling GOOD!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!