Leslie sanson walking videos

Options
Has anyone actually had real results from her videos in weight loss ? I am 158 hoping to be 120 as im 5'1. I hurt my back doing jumping workouts and weight lifting squats ect. I am a beginner so i figure i need to lose some lbs before doing to much hard training. Anyone who has or hasnt had results would be great input and how do u log her workout

Replies

• debknits1
    debknits1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have lost 9 pounds in less than a month using her tapes and sticking to 1200 calories a day.
  • debknits1
    Options
    I have two of her tapes logged. Type in Leslie Sansone under cardio. Two miles w/boosters is approximately 244 calories burned and the one mile is about half that.
  • debknits1
    Options
    Lastly, don't eat your exercise calories earned
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Log her workouts as low impact aerobics. Weight loss is calorie deficit. So watching calorie intake is going to be much more helpful than 100-150 calories per mile*. Moving more burns more calories, but more importantly it has many health benefits. The key is to find exercise you like so you will be consistent, and continue exercise even after you get to goal.

Here's a link to the Leslie group here on MFP - they have walk challenges every month
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/335-leslie-sansone-walk-at-home

*http://walkathome.com/calorie-burn-per-mile/
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    debknits1 wrote: »
    Lastly, don't eat your exercise calories earned

^This is terrible advice.

1200 is the DEFAULT minimum BEFORE exercise. So eating exercise calories back is how MFP is designed.

Some women are assigned 1200 based on age & size (elderly or very petite). But a much larger % of women are assigned 1200 because they have aggressive weekly weight loss goals.

By taking an aggressive weekly goal and compounding that by increasing the deficit further with exercise calories....you are increasing lean muscle mass loss.

Leslie Sansone can be great cardio. But there is very little strength training involved (beyond 2 or 3 specific DVDs). Moderate deficit, strength training and adequate protein help protect existing lean muscle mass. Google skinny-fat, only the scale looks good.