C25K

Options
So I completed week 6 of C25K, which means that now I'm able to run 22 minutes straight. That is a big milestone for me as before I couldn't even run for 5 minutes. Despite that I still consider myself a newbie runner, and most likely I will repeat week 6 at least twice. The question I have, though, is why the app go from 10 to 22 minutes in week 6 (not complaining, just curious). The progression was kind of linear going from 3 to 5, 6 to 8, 8 to 10, and then 10 to 22 seems like an outlier. Any insight you can provide will be helpful.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I don't know but it kind of freaked me out. All went well and it seems to work. I think I asked the same question last year!
    PS Congrats on your success!
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Thanks, yeah, that kind of freaked me out a bit too, did you complete the program?
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I'm also not sure but it worked for me, too. ;) I went from a total non-runner to a runner about 3 years ago. I've also re-done the program at two different points (including just recently) when I'd taken an extended break from running and then wanted to get back into it, though I usually re-started from week 4 or so. I think by week 6 you just don't need the walking interval in the middle anymore.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I think by week 6 you just don't need the walking interval in the middle anymore.
    Yeah, I actually love that. By week 6 you can actually run free for 22 minutes with no worries in your mind.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    ABabilonia wrote: »
    So I completed week 6 of C25K, which means that now I'm able to run 22 minutes straight. That is a big milestone for me as before I couldn't even run for 5 minutes. Despite that I still consider myself a newbie runner, and most likely I will repeat week 6 at least twice. The question I have, though, is why the app go from 10 to 22 minutes in week 6 (not complaining, just curious). The progression was kind of linear going from 3 to 5, 6 to 8, 8 to 10, and then 10 to 22 seems like an outlier. Any insight you can provide will be helpful.

It reinforces the psychological aspect of running. If you look at your total running time, it's less than you've done before. It's not a jump from 10 to 22, it's a jump from 20-22, having done 25 minutes cumulative previously.