Easy arm toning at home?

Options
I need suggestions for upper body strengthening/arm toning excercises that I can do at home....getting hard to get to the gym lately...Thanks for any help!

Replies

• RaphaBianchi
    RaphaBianchi Posts: 51 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    What do you normally do at the gym? How about buying some free weights and doing the same exercises at home. Exercises I'd suggest are bicep curls, upright row, overhead press. It'll probably be cheaper than one month's gym membership.
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com has some great workouts.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Don't have any recommendations for specific exercises, but I use resistance bands for lifting. They take up way less room than free weights (I live in a small apartment) and you can mix/match different resistance levels to customize how much weight you're pulling.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Push-ups
  • internexus
    internexus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You will need bands/weights to target biceps/shoulders. You can use a chair for tricep dips, do military & wide push-ups, a pull-up bar to focus on your back...
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    While there is certainly nothing "easy" about it if you are actually working to build muscle, which I assume is what you mean by toning, here are a few things that I do. (They *are* easy in that they involve limited equipment and you can do them in front of the TV!)

Without DBs:

-Push ups
    -Explosive push-ups
    -Incline/Decline push ups
    -Hellraiser planks
    -Pull ups or chin ups (or if you need assistance: negative pull-up or pull downs with resistance band)
    -Burpees
    -Triceps Dips

With a range of DBs or KBs:

-Bicep and concentration curls
    -Tricep kick-backs
    -Standing triceps extension, OH press, Arnold Press, Y-press
    -Lat raises and front raises
    -Flies and bent over flies
    -Chest press and squeeze press; single arm press
    -Upright row, bent over row, single arm row, Kroc row, high pulls
    -DB thrusters, Squat-to-press
    -Single arm snatch

Out of curiosity, why just arms and not your entire body?
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I've seen some cheap barbell+dumbells+plates+collar sets on Amazon for under $90. (note: these will have a limited number of plates and aren't the default 2" Oly - so will have to keep in mind if you progress beyond the included plates).
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    ditto on push-ups. and if you have anywhere you can mount it, a pull-up bar.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    No need to buy dumbbells. I use liquid laundry detergent bottles. They are great weights.