Can't sleep...super creeped out

Options
TribeHokie
TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
Just got back from seeing The Conjuring. I haven't been this freaked out by a movie in a very long time. I have made a new resolution to never see a horror/suspense movie at night again. Anyone else see it? Wanna play hide and clap?

Replies

• culpjm90
    culpjm90 Posts: 58
    Options
    I have not seen it but I have heard it is really good so I want to...I have not seen a scary movie that has actually scared me in a long time but everyone I know who has seen it says its amazing
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Boo!

I want to see it now.,I don't get scared easily though and I'm constantly let down by movies that people say are scary.Now to find a babysitter lol.
  • RGFit412
    RGFit412 Posts: 177
    Options
    I can't say Horror movies scare me, However, "The Road" I found very disturbing! There were some serious elements of reality of what mankind will be like within a major disaster, cataclysm, apocalypse etc..
  • itsjimmyrider
    Options
    Dying to see that movie...I get freaked out fairly easily but I love it...total adrenaline junkie!
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Saw it on Sunday.....(clap clap)
  • naterciarodrigues58
    naterciarodrigues58 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Adding it to my to-watch list!
  • Mahihkan
    Mahihkan Posts: 162
    Options
    Love horror movies, but I have yet to find a movie that will creep me out enough to give me that effect.

Looking forward to see that movie, I think Lorraine Warren is a respectable woman (If you believe in paranormal), and if it's truly a case she didn't want to talk about for years, it's gonna be good!
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    I get freaked out so easily, has anybody seen Sinister? That movie was just disturbing. I want to see The Conjuring, would you recommend watching it? It it one of those movies where the main character never turns on any lights, I can't stand those.
  • JohnMatrix
    JohnMatrix Posts: 59
    Options
    I can't say Horror movies scare me, However, "The Road" I found very disturbing! There were some serious elements of reality of what mankind will be like within a major disaster, cataclysm, apocalypse etc..

My buddy told me about that movie and pretty much said the same thing. I'll have to put that on the list to watch.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Here's hoping. Adore horror. Starting to get scared again, was a complete stone from 15 to 25, absolutely nothing would even give me a jump, it was devastating, but I'm going all woosey again, yessssss. One good thing about aging, you lose your metaphorical balls :laugh:

Modern horror is sad. It's a genre that hasn't been properly tapped into yet. 90% seem to be crap, but that 10% that nail it, they really nail it.

I loved Sinister though, it wasn't life changing but it had a lot of integrity and a nice build up of tension, sick of horrors aimed at teenagers with all these gorgeous young people getting it on. That's boring and it's unnecessary, I want substance, story and atmosphere. I get scared when my imagination is switched on. I want to be forced to think.
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    I want to see it! I don't have anyone to go with and it's no fun getting creeped out in a theater alone. I'll have to wait for the DVD (sigh)
  • nightdragon70
    nightdragon70 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Took my daughter to go see it last Sunday as a last Daddy/daughter date before she goes off to college. It was predictable in spots, but overall wasn't a bad movie.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! I'm heading to see it on Saturday!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I just saw it last night and my boyfriend works third shift so I slept by myself. Also, my house was build in the 1920's. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep. I really liked the movie. It didn't have as many jump scares as I thought it was going to. The anticipation was good. I think it was just the atmosphere that make it creepy. I love Vera Farmiga as Lorraine.
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I saw it and thought I'd be more freaked out but surprisingly I've been okay....I have occasional moments of apprehension if I wake up at night but other than that I'm glad to say not too many lingering effects after seeing the movie!!!!
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    For those of you who are skeptical about whether it will be scary enough, I can't attest to your personal level of fortitude (though I am no scardy cat), but I will say that this movie had more tense and creepy moments than I could count. I was on edge for the majority of the movie, which is quite a sight different from most of what comes out nowadays - a couple "jump out at you" moments with long boring conversations for filler and some chick with big boobs running around screaming. This was nothing like that. I went with my bf and there were a couple teenage boys sitting on the other side of me. The boys kept their hands half covering their faces for the majority of the film and when I told my bf this afterward he confessed that he was almost to that point himself. Definitely a lot of tension and a lot of payoff IMHO.

To DancingDreams, there are definitely more than a few scary moments in the dark, but one of the best happens in the daytime. So no, it isn't just a "run around the dark house" movie.

I will definitely check out The Road and I've been meaning to catch Sinister.

@fuzzieme, I do think there was a good amount of substance and story here. The addition of the Warrens, as DolceLupa pointed out, gave it an additional element beyond just being a family in a haunted house and I really appreciated that.

At the end of the day, horror movies are personal and I'm sure this won't linger with everyone like it did with me, but for the sake of full disclosure I had to keep the light on to fall asleep last night!