Hi everyone

Options
qjeip44j01os.jpg

Hi I am 34yo SAHM with 3 kiddos(7,5,2). At the beginning of the year I weighed 183 lbs. I was miserable and had had enough. Even since these pics I've lost some more weight, currently 143(total of 40 lbs down so far). I have mainly been sticking to 1500 cals, 60 hour workouts 6x a week. I run, elliptical, stairclimber. Due to an reaccuring ankle injury the entire month of March I had to just stick to diet though I still lost ~2 lbs a week. I have a gym membership with daycare, otherwise it's nearly impossible for me to get a decent workout in. Now that I have lost a bit of fluff, I want to start adding strength in so I can tone. Strength is my weakness. I've just always been terrible at maintaining any sort of program. I have a terrible attention span. And I am completely intimidated and seriously just don't know where to start with a routine, what moves in what order, how many reps/sets, keeping track of what I actually did. If anyone has any suggestions(other than getting a trainer--I cannot afford that). Please help. :-)

Replies

• roboliciousbob
    roboliciousbob Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say height and goal. 5'3 and I want to get down to 120-125 lbs.
  • brittnichol
    brittnichol Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @roboliciousbob wow you are doing great. Bodybuilding.com has some free routines. Also youtube. Sorry im not much help but maybe google free routines and see what pops up. Cross fit is also something to look into
  • iam_unknown
    iam_unknown Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    that's so great! Feeling inspire now. :) I will be walking starting tomorrow. maybe 2 hrs every other day..
  • 2joiPink
    2joiPink Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. Your doing fabulously. Gyms sometimes have a strip of equipment that you can run through and get all areas met. My trainer had me start with 10 reps in 5 or 10 sets depending on what I was doing, but each of us is different. I loved the T-rex and rowing equipment, but my favorite workout is swimming. I've found it to be low impact, great for the cardiovascular and circulatory system, as well as the lungs. It develops the muscles, especially the back muscles, which is important for women. I've found that after a good swim, I have a great endorphin high and great energy. When I haven't been to a pool for a while, I start with 10 and build from there. Good luck and keep up your good work!!
  • Delaine1130
    Delaine1130 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend! I can help!
  • roboliciousbob
    roboliciousbob Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! These are all great suggestions, much appreciated. Losing what weight I have lost hasn't felt nearly as 'impossible' as it felt it was going to be before I started. The best is how great I feel physically AND ESPECIALLY mentally. I have so much energy anymore, which is back to my old old self.