Juice Recipe

Lazzell95
Lazzell95 Posts: 4 Member
edited April 2017 in Food and Nutrition
First of all, I got this recipe from a Netflix documentary called "fat, sick, and nearly dead". So I'm not taking credit for the idea. Secondly, I don't believe in, or condone "juice cleanses". I just enjoy this for breakfast most days.

I bought a refurbished "Breville" Juicer for $45 about 3 years ago and it works great. I know there's a ton of better ones out there, but I don't need anything fancy. Here goes, and it tastes better than it looks.

2 Handfuls of Kale
1 Large Cucumber
2 Granny Smith Apples (quartered and pits removed)
1/2 Lemon (rind removed)
2 (thumb sized) pieces of raw Ginger
4 Stalks of Celery

I wash everything and cut as described above. I start with the Kale and put the Lemons on top. Next is the Ginger because sometimes it is difficult to grind, so I follow that with the Celery. Finally its the Apples followed by the Cucumber. Cucumber is last because it has so much juice you have to be careful not to overflow, and it also pushes through any Apples that accidentally went skin side down and didn't completely go though.

Tastes great and provides almost 85% of my daily vitamins and minerals. The Ginger gives it a nice kick. And lastly...I hate celery too, but you can't taste it. Enjoy.

Replies

• khristiana
    khristiana Posts: 131 Member
    I've also watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and I do believe in juice fasting. I drink all sorts of juice on a daily basis, but this is also my fallback recipe as well, it's so good for you and delicious! Juice on!
  • Lazzell95
    That's funny, I also use a mason jar. It's the perfect size. Thanks for the feedback
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Thanks. That looks pretty good. I, too, have a Breville juicer but I hardly use it.

Are you getting juice out of the kale? That seemed to be a limitation of the centrifrugal juicers.

• Lazzell95
    I get a little juice out of the Kale. That's why I use 2 handfuls of it. Have you tried it yet?