Help Please - Stones to Pounds; I'm confused!!

Options
2»

Replies

• __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    So basically if your starting weight was 13.7 and now you weight 13.2 you lost 0.5 of a stone, or 7 pounds, congratulations :smile: !

13.7 and 13st7 are different
    13.7- 191.8 pounds
    13st7- 189 pounds

No, and this is where the problem lies OP.

13 stone 7lbs is 189 pounds not 191.8

There are 14lbs to one stone.

OP you have lost 5lbs as you now weigh 184lbs.

5lbs loss.
  • __Di__
    Options
    If your scale weighs in stones then 13.7 is 13 stones + 7/10 of a stone (not seven lbs)

Digital scales will give your weight in stones and pounds.

This is true.

OP if I were you, I would flick that little switch at the back of your scales to measure only in lbs that, way you will not get all this happen in the future weigh-ins.
  • Bambalina_1
    Bambalina_1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just checked and it's stones and pounds so 13.7 is 13st and 7lbs and that means I've lost 5lbs in 2 weeks.... Go me lol!!

Again thank you all soo much

xx
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    So basically if your starting weight was 13.7 and now you weight 13.2 you lost 0.5 of a stone, or 7 pounds, congratulations :smile: !

13.7- 191.8 pounds
    13st7- 189 pounds

5lbs loss.
    I think you're confused at what the poster was trying to say. Some scales when they say 13.7 do not mean 13 stone 7 pounds bizarrely they use a metric version of stone. So the. 7 is 7/10 not 7/14 . The only way to know is for the poster to check the settings on there scale
  • __Di__
    Options

13.7- 191.8 pounds
    13st7- 189 pounds

5lbs loss.
    I think you're confused at what the poster was trying to say. Some scales when they say 13.7 do not mean 13 stone 7 pounds bizarrely they use a metric version of stone. So the. 7 is 7/10 not 7/14 . The only way to know is for the poster to check the settings on there scale

It is ok, the OP sorted it. 13 stone 7 lbs. I know this because my scales were the same, I switched the switch at the back to only weigh in pounds in the future, makes everything a lot easier, that's for sure.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

13.7- 191.8 pounds
    13st7- 189 pounds

5lbs loss.

this!

digital scales may say 13.7, but they mean 13 stone 7, the little screen just isnt big enough to wrote 'stone' on!!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    If your scale weighs in stones then 13.7 is 13 stones + 7/10 of a stone (not seven lbs)
    This.
    It's because your scale says 13.7st which is, in fact 13 st 9.8lb. MFP doesn't lie. It's not out to get you.
    Great loss btw, and nice to see you're taking the TDEE-15% method rather than starving yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • __Di__
    Options
    This.
    It's because your scale says 13.7st which is, in fact 13 st 9.8lb. MFP doesn't lie. It's not out to get you.
    Great loss btw, and nice to see you're taking the TDEE-15% method rather than starving yourself. :flowerforyou:

No, it is 13 stone 7lbs lol, this has been sorted, the OP has already found out what it is.

13 stone 7lbs. Stones are imperial weights. the "point 7" would be metric, never mix the two, it causes mix-ups :laugh:
  • __Di__
    Options

13.7- 191.8 pounds
    13st7- 189 pounds

5lbs loss.

this!

digital scales may say 13.7, but they mean 13 stone 7, the little screen just isnt big enough to wrote 'stone' on!!

this ^ :drinker:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    (deleted)
  • Kicker12
    Kicker12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm doing -15% of TDEE @ sedeantry and eating back exercise cals...

I always thought that you don't eat exercise cals back on TDEE?? If that's the case I'm doing it all wrong. Can someone please confirm.....
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

I always thought that you don't eat exercise cals back on TDEE?? If that's the case I'm doing it all wrong. Can someone please confirm.....

if you include an activity factor in your TDEE, you don't eat back exercise calories.... some people calculate their TDEE as sedentary, then eat back exercise calories. It's not technically TDEE if you do that, but it works, and is an alternative way to caclulate calories.
  • Kicker12
    Kicker12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

if you include an activity factor in your TDEE, you don't eat back exercise calories.... some people calculate their TDEE as sedentary, then eat back exercise calories. It's not technically TDEE if you do that, but it works, and is an alternative way to caclulate calories.

Aah ok. I've included exercise in my calcs and don't eat exercise cals back so I guess I'm doing it right.
    Thanks