I gained 20 lbs!

Options
debrahbeger
debrahbeger Posts: 34 Member
edited April 2017 in Motivation and Support
So about 2 years ago I lost 85 pounds using this app and exercising. Back in January I was diagnosed with stage 4 adrenal cancer (im only 27 yes old). It flipped my world. I had to move in order to get the treatments that I need (My husband is in the military, we were stationed in Japan and had to come back home to California). My routine got all messed up. I was in Japan for 3 years so when I got back home I of course wanted to eat all of the foods that I missed. I completely stopped logging.
20 pounds later and I feel horrible. I know that I should not be worried about weight considering my diagnosis and that I am going through chemotherapy, but I really hate that I worked so hard to loose 85 pounds and 20 of it came back so fast!!
I find myself over eating a lot and emotional eating.
My question is if any of you completely stopped and was able to start back up again?
How did you get re-motivated?

Replies

• Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I worked hard losing 45 lbs off my weight by logging all the foods I eat, eating mindfully and working out. Turns out last year I fell off the wagon. Now I stepped on the scale seeing I gained 12 pounds. That fast! I just rethink my mind to redeeming myself to eating healthier again, disciplined eating, and I won't ever let an inanimate object like food to take control over my life again.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. My mum was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer which was what kicked my *kitten* into gear to be in better shape.

My mum was taken into hospital last year with horrendous back pain, she has mets in her spine, after eating a kebab and getting stomach flu and I just...stopped. I was taking care of my father who is in kidney failure and has dialysis twice a week (among 85 of his other health problems), running two houses, trying to train. I just ending up not logging and eating the kitchen sink. So much Haribo. I gained back 12lbs and ended up in tears in my Paris hotel room because my IBS had swollen up my stomach so much (stressed from travel) that none of my clothes fit. I was in one of the most beautiful cities in the world and I had to go buy new clothes because none of mine fit me. I got back on track real fast after that. :lol:

Just start off slow, logging what you eat and hopefully that should kick start your motivation. Given what you're going through you probably just want to eat better at maintenance for the weight you want to be. If you do it that way you'll lose weight but it'll be much slower and safer for your body.