Ladies- fat burners!!

Options
Ladies- which fat burner do you use? Any side effects? Do you find it effective?

Replies

• Windrunner666
    Windrunner666 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    No, they don't work.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I use the fat burning method of living my daily life and eating fewer calories than I burn each day.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    As someone mentioned anything that works isn't legal and anything legal doesn't work. In Canada ephedrine is legal and I find it SUPPRESSES hunger in combination with caffeine but it's not a fat burner per se.
  • nicolepburgess91
    nicolepburgess91 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    As someone mentioned anything that works isn't legal and anything legal doesn't work. In Canada ephedrine is legal and I find it SUPPRESSES hunger in combination with caffeine but it's not a fat burner per se.

That's legal here in Georgia as Ephedrine Plus. But it's very difficult to find and shows up on drug tests. So you have to pray your job doesn't hit you with a random.
    Not worth it.
    I've never tried anything but I have heard GREAT results coming from hydroxycut. I haven't done much research on it because I'm not interested in it personally.
    But if you're going to get involved, research. Find reviews from a informational page, not a sales page. Research the ingredients. Etc.
    I believe in the calorie deficit as much as everyone else. But if you're going to do fat burners and weight loss pills, at least do it informed.
    Best of luck
  • nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

That's legal here in Georgia as Ephedrine Plus. But it's very difficult to find and shows up on drug tests. So you have to pray your job doesn't hit you with a random.
    Not worth it.
    I've never tried anything but I have heard GREAT results coming from hydroxycut. I haven't done much research on it because I'm not interested in it personally.
    But if you're going to get involved, research. Find reviews from a informational page, not a sales page. Research the ingredients. Etc.
    I believe in the calorie deficit as much as everyone else. But if you're going to do fat burners and weight loss pills, at least do it informed.
    Best of luck

Primatene has ephedrine in it and I was taking it when I had to take a drug test. I told them I was taking it beforehand and what dosage and even though it registered as a compound of amphetamine, they couldn't legally fail me because I was honest before the test and the substance I was taking is legal in the USA.

And yes when taken with caffeine it is an amazing appetite suppressant. I miss the days of stacker and yellow jackets with ephedrine

To answer OP, now that they took ephedrine out of OTC supplements they are a waste of money for sure. I used them before the switch and after and the difference is astounding. You get the same effect from taking regular caffeine only without the shakes and nausea that many of them cause especially when you first start taking them. The only supplement I use now is no doz when I don't feel like drinking coffee
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    I use a reasonable caloric intake and I exercise every day.

Same here.

Works miracles. Only side effect I've encountered so far is needing to replace my wardrobe far too often because all my clothes seem to become bigger over night...

Those pesky elves keep hitting my wardrobe too!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Don't - you are wasting your money
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options

Not worth it.
    Best of luck

We don't get randomly drug tested at work here. Not most people anyways. Also why would something that's legal be a problem on a drug test?
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

Not worth it.
    Best of luck

We don't get randomly drug tested at work here. Not most people anyways. Also why would something that's legal be a problem on a drug test?

Depends on the employer.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    So you are not interested in men's fat burners?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Not worth it.
    Best of luck

Employers' policies don't always line up with laws (and they don't have to). For example, in states where mj is now legal for recreational use, there are still plenty of employers which prohibit its use and will fire you if you test positive for it. Same for ephedrine, as it's a precursor of meth. And alcohol is legal just about everywhere, yet there are plenty of employers which prohibit you from showing up to work with any alcohol in your system.

To answer the original question, any fat burner you can legally buy over the counter is a scam and won't do anything beyond making your wallet lighter from the money you wasted on them.