Inches down Scale same/up

Options
I know I know I know, muscle v fat v water all weigh different. readjusting and rearranging and building of fat and muscle.
But it's been 4 months and I'm just frustrated.
5 inches down in hips, around 3 in waist, but the scale sits right there at 240 or something 241-242. Actually it went down to 234 before I started working out, but then shot RIGHT up.
I know my stomach looks smaller (it feels squishier [sorry for that visual] which leads me to think fat reducing). I know my measurements are down, and my "fat jeans" can now be taken off without undoing them...
But I'm frustrated with that scale!

sorry, I just needed to rant

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Although I weigh myself every day, I don't put too much thought in to my weight - do we walk around with a flashing sign over our head, displaying our weight to the world? Nope! We are what we (and what other people) can physically see, so your physique /composition is a much better thing to see results in.

Sounds like you've made lots of changes - well done!
  • kellydaly87
    kellydaly87 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks I have been trying to make changes. I now cook at home at least 5 nights a week making sure I have leftovers to take for lunch the next day or two. This is a big change from takeout or eating out almost every day. Eating breakfast has always been a struggle, but now I make sure I eat it on gym days and try to eat something substantial on the mornings I work from home. Hello fresh veggies spinach goes in almost every meal. As opposed to literally just meat and potatoes.
    Now portion sizing... it's a work in progress...

93067792.png
  • shabanabibi1986
    shabanabibi1986 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I lost10lbs and then added exercise and my weight went up 1 lb. I got so mad that it didn't show on scale.