IS this normal?????????????

Options
Ever since i started working out (3 to 4 timesa day) and drinking plenty of water i have notice that im not as hungry
as i use to be i have to force myself to eat sometimes and even then i still don't finish eating. Is this normal?????

Replies

• _meesh_
    _meesh_ Posts: 73
    Options
    I found the same thing when I was working out. You think you'll be hungrier but I wasn't as hungry.

Listen to your body!
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Yes, completely. Don't let it fool you though, just because you don't FEEL hungry doesn't mean you shouldn't eat. I used to think "well, I feel fine. I just burned a ton of calories working out too, but I'm completely not hungry" and would eat 600-800 calories a day. That was DANGEROUS.

So make sure you're eating over 1200 calories per day at LEAST (better yet, calculate your BMR) and don't neglect eating just because you don't "feel hungry". I know this seems crazy and like the opposite of what you want to be doing, but if you don't even feel hungry enough to manage your BMR in calories, you sometimes just have to suck it up and eat.

Try introducing coconut oil or a little bit of extra cheese (in moderation) to your diet if you can't seem to get more calories in and are stuffed.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    It is quite a common thing, so nothing to worry about. Make sure you are eating enough to fuel that exercise though. "Listening to your body" regarding hunger signals isn't always the best way of knowing how much energy your body needs. Hunger is very complicated, and it's not uncommon for people who aren't getting enough to eat to not feel hunger. If it's helping you to create your calorie deficit, then that's great, but don't let it mean that you have a huge calorie deficit all the time, as that will end up working against you.

It looks (from your ticker) that you've only got about 15lb to lose, so having a smaller calorie deficit is good. If you're really struggling to eat, either consider cutting back on the exercise, or aim for calorie-dense foods such as full fat dairy, nuts, avocados etc.

By the way, working 3-4 times a day sounds a lot, unless you're talking like 10 minutes at a time. How long are these workouts? Are you training for something in particular? Be careful you don't burn out or get injured working your body too hard. And yeah, if those are all long workouts, you will definitely need to be eating a lot to compensate, and to give your body enough fuel. You risk losing a lot of lean mass otherwise.
  • KINGRAY88
    KINGRAY88 Posts: 15
    Options
    ok and i do cardio in the morning, i lift weights in the afternoon and then some times i either do cross fit, more cardio, or a circuit course after work.
  • KINGRAY88
    KINGRAY88 Posts: 15
    Options
    Ok Thank You!!!!!!!!!!