Let's do cardio

Options
2»

Replies

• Angall08
    Angall08 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    My cardio is heavy breathing while eating...

Hahahaha. Most people in joy that cardio lol
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Everybody in here saying "cardio is for fitness" is wrong. Cardio is for fun.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options

I beg to differ, I despise cardio like it's kale. I'm a runner and a biker. When people say cardio, I think of the cardio machines. I often envision myself taking them out like the printer in the Office Space

jv7b048w1bsc.gif
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I walk due to back injuries and have come to love it.
  • TheChaoticBuffalo
    TheChaoticBuffalo Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thirty minutes on the rowing machine after a forty-five minute weight routine on M-W-F. Forty-five to sixty minutes on the stationary bike on T-T-S. Sunday's my rest day.
  • ana_varn
    ana_varn Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ι λove long walks and I walk a lot during the day! Tomorrow I will also garden :) I am not really into cardio machines but I like cardio workouts on youtube, though I don't do them regularly.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    brittyn3 wrote: »

I beg to differ, I despise cardio like it's kale. I'm a runner and a biker. When people say cardio, I think of the cardio machines. I often envision myself taking them out like the printer in the Office Space

jv7b048w1bsc.gif

Ha! This is me. We've had record breaking snow storms all winter, some of my favorite running trails are currently submerged under a foot of snow melt, and I still have zero interest in joining the gym a block down the street.

I run and cycle for cardio. I would say I'm successful at road cycling, since I've been doing it my whole life. I am not particularly successful at running. I have good endurance, but some people walk faster than I run. I just got a mountain bike which I'm not successful at either, but I'm sure I will stop falling over and figure out which shifter does what eventually.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options

I think it depends on what you mean by cardio and what you mean by fun. Riding a bicycle, rowing a boat, sure that's fun. Walking just to be walking, not so much. Running on a treadmill, not so much. Sure, you'll get a runner's high even on a treadmill, but that's not the same as fun.
  • fbchick51
    fbchick51 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    What is the cardio exercises you do most.? Are they successful?

I don't have "one" that I do more often, rather, I enjoy mixing it up. Right now, I'm doing lap swimming, water aerobics and Zumba

I'd consider them pretty damn successful based on the goals I had when I started. Swimming was a solid cardio workout that didn't make my joints hurt, came with a good calorie burn and actually helped increase my flexibility... all without wiping me out for the rest of the day.

Water aerobics happened to be a happy accident I discovered that also didn't bother my joints and helped break up the monotony of lap swimming. The instructor makes the class far more intense then your usual run of the mill, so it manages to come close to the calorie burn I get from swimming. The water resistance added a great muscle building aspect to it as well.

Zumba became the perfect filler workout for those days my schedule won't let me get to the pool at the right times.

Between the three of them, I've seen HUGE improvements in cardiovascular endurance, muscle strength and general overall fitness levels. Plus, they fit perfectly with my weightloss goals too.

• 1DancewithLove2Heart
    1DancewithLove2Heart Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I do cardio everyday