Intermittent Fasting

Figured out the best way for women to cycle their intermittent fasting based on typical estrogen levels in a 28 day time period. Today is Day 1.

Replies

• mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    I do the 5:2 lifestyle and absolutely love it! I hope you find ease and success in how you're doing it!
  • cheechie0709
    cheechie0709 Posts: 8 Member
    I've never tried intermittent fasting...sounds scary. What does 5:2 mean?
  • MonicaRunnerGirl
    MonicaRunnerGirl Posts: 9 Member
    Yeah, I want to hear more about this....
  • ilgirl8t11
    ilgirl8t11 Posts: 15 Member
    I want to hear about it too!
  • Hermie123451982
    Hermie123451982 Posts: 190 Member
    I'm doing 16/8 and loving its simplicity.
  • Kelster1010
    Kelster1010 Posts: 4 Member
    Add me! I have been trying this method on the days I work and I do well until I hit my days off! I could use a little motivation and advice and I will return the favor. I read the articles in the above links, helped a lot ty. Is 2000 cal the norm? I want to loose weight to see the results of my workouts. I workout hard 4 days week and I can't see the results only feel them!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Figured out the best way for women to cycle their intermittent fasting based on typical estrogen levels in a 28 day time period. Today is Day 1.

Could you elaborate on this, please?

I've been doing IF (16:8) for years - long before it became a trendy 'thing' or even had a name. :)

Please note that there's nothing magic about IF - it's just another method people can use to try to control caloric intake in order to manage weight.

I've never been particularly hungry in the mornings anyway, so eating breakfast always seemed counterintuitive to me. After the whole "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!" finally got debunked, I stopped forcing myself to eat in the mornings. I will now just have a cup of coffee when I get up (because coffee!) with my vitamins and meds, but I don't eat until 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon.

By skipping breakfast, this leaves enough calories in my day for a good lunch and dinner when I genuinely *am* hungry, plus some evening snacks which I really enjoy.

I lost 75 lbs in a year a few years ago and reached my goal weight in part by utilizing IF. The other parts involved were making better food choices overall, and getting more active. These three factors combined are responsible for my successful result.

• Dost786
    Dost786 Posts: 3 Member
    I am looking for an intermittent faster. Today was my first day and I did good. I eat from 12-6. From 9am to 12 pm I drink my tea or coffee though.