Need help, cutting bf, building muscle

Options
Not sure if I'm posting in the right forum so apologies if I haven't. I'm trying to reduce bf, not by too much but a little. I'm doing something really wrong as it seems to b increasing. I have done lots of research and still am but thought I would get some feedback from others who have been there. Currently I am consuming 1300kcals, approx 130g carbs (some days only 70g) 25g fat and 150g protein. I haven't set this myself this is just what comes from what I eat normally. I am a week into stronglifts 4x4, I workout 6x per week. 3 days doing stronglifts, 3 days doing 20 mins hiit.i am increasing kcals but so far have been gaining weekly doing this. I understand I am probably doing things wrong so I can take constructive critasism but please not sarky replys.. I'm new to it all so am just going by what iv read. My profile pic is before I gained some fat before suggesting I don't need to. My body fat is 22.5% the reason I want to reduce bf is because I'm still carrying mostly on my back and lower tummy

Replies

• PetiteLittleFlower
    PetiteLittleFlower Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have changed my pic to what I am currently
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Have you only just started lifting?

When did you start gaining weight and how much did you gain?
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Haha I read that in my head as "cutting boyfriend, building muscle." At my job, bf is the abbreviation we use for boyfriend.

I was like, "don't cut your boyfriend!"
  • deathoria
    deathoria Posts: 5
    Options
    well your cals are too low. youve gained muscle.
  • PetiteLittleFlower
    Options

I started almost 2 weeks ago but didn't start stronglifts until mon. I started gaining as soon as I started listing, could it be water?iv been measuring not weighing, have gained inches
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

How do you know her calories are too low? How do you gain muscle on a deficit and with only what appears to be lifting for a week?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I started almost 2 weeks ago but didn't start stronglifts until mon. I started gaining as soon as I started listing, could it be water?iv been measuring not weighing, have gained inches

Totally. When you start lifting your muscle retain water and glycogen as they repair.

Where have you gained inches?
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    too early for you to worry about it. give it a month or two, and I think you should up your cals since you're exercising that much.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    too early for you to worry about it. give it a month or two, and I think you should up your cals since you're exercising that much.

Exactly , your body weight will fluctuate the first few weeks . Stop worrying about it and keep doing what you are doing . You at a clear deficit at 1300cals so definitely give your body some time to level out . The gains are water retention/lactic acid build up / glycogen etc..
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Haha I read that in my head as "cutting boyfriend, building muscle." At my job, bf is the abbreviation we use for boyfriend.

Exactly the same
  • PetiteLittleFlower
    Options

Totally. When you start lifting your muscle retain water and glycogen as they repair.

Around waist and hips. Ok, time to chill and get on with it!! New changes always cause some confusion. Ile keep at it, I can cope with a few extra inches for now. Was just worried I was doing something really wrong which was going to make me keep gaining
  • Szena
    Szena Posts: 11
    Options

Exactly the same

Same here..
    Exactly , your body weight will fluctuate the first few weeks . Stop worrying about it and keep doing what you are doing . You at a clear deficit at 1300cals so definitely give your body some time to level out . The gains are water retention/lactic acid build up / glycogen etc..

fully agree, same thing happens to me every time i even change something to my workout plan or Kcal intake, takes about 3 weeks to stabilize. Just careful with high deficit on a longer period, you body needs that energy to sustain itself, but also to avoid any injuries. Try to maintain 1300 kcal NET at least.
  • PetiteLittleFlower
    Options

Exactly the same

Haha not sure iv cut the hubby, he cooks all my meals :-))))
  • astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options

you can't gain muscle if you eat in a deficit
  • PetiteLittleFlower
    Options

Exactly the same

Same here..

fully agree, same thing happens to me every time i even change something to my workout plan or Kcal intake, takes about 3 weeks to stabilize. Just careful with high deficit on a longer period, you body needs that energy to sustain itself, but also to avoid any injuries. Try to maintain 1300 kcal NET at least.

I am increasing them by 100kcals weekly
  • PetiteLittleFlower
    Options
    Does anyone know how to find out my tdee? I use a fitbit!
  • PetiteLittleFlower
    Options

I am LOVING the idea of eating more :-))))
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Around waist and hips. Ok, time to chill and get on with it!! New changes always cause some confusion. Ile keep at it, I can cope with a few extra inches for now. Was just worried I was doing something really wrong which was going to make me keep gaining

Give it at least 4 weeks to stabilize.

What was your weekly weight loss prior to starting lifting? I ask as you do not want much of a deficit at the moment as you are pretty slim.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Does anyone know how to find out my tdee? I use a fitbit!

The best way to do that is to look at your actual results. This assumes that you log accurately and you activity is pretty consistent. So, for example, you cannot use the last couple of weeks - but take a 4 or 8 week period and see what your weight has done and reverse into your maintenance calories.
  • PetiteLittleFlower
    Options

Give it at least 4 weeks to stabilize.

What was your weekly weight loss prior to starting lifting? I ask as you do not want much of a deficit at the moment as you are pretty slim.

I was loosing around 1lb per week if not maintaining at 1200kcals. I need to did the right kcals I think which is why I was trying to workout my tdee. I don't want to get any slimmer, it's just fat loss around the tummy to neaten it up abit