HELP - how many estimated calories?

Options
I just had a 12' pizza with a handtossed crust with shiitake mushrooms, EVOO, kale, mozzarella, Gouda, chilies, and Parmesan on it. I ate a quarter of the pizza - 2 slices. Approximately how many calories would you log this as? I've tried to find similar pizzas online and check the website of the place I had it but no luck! I can add a picture of the pizza later but can any of you help me with an estimated calorie count??? I'm guessing like 600 calories?? Does that sound about right?

Replies

• njabbasi
    njabbasi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Any help is really appreciated!!
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Add each ingredient individually. Is this a homemade pizza? Start with finding a 12in cheese pizza base and adding the additional ingredients separately. This will be an estimate, since you're not able to use the weight of each.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    600 might do it but hard to say without knowing quantities of toppings.
  • njabbasi
    Options
    Thanks guys very helpful! I'm just not sure what was in the crust, it's from a small organic cafe by our house that uses all locally sourced ingredients. Should I just guesstimate how many toppings were on the pizza and divide by 8 and add any pizza crust? That part seems reasonable but how should I calculate the crust? If I use a regular 12' cheese pizza won't it account for sauce and the specific cheese they used?? Mine had no sauce and specific cheeses, like a cup each I would say
  • DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I found this nutrition information for a mushroom pizza that kind of seems similar to the one you're describing.
    This is the nutritional information:
    https://www.pizzastudio.com/media/PS-Nutritional-Data.pdf

And this is the menu description:
    https://www.pizzastudio.com/menu.html

It has spinach instead of kale, which I don't think makes too much of a difference. No gouda or chilies either, but you can add more calories for the cheese. It's also an 11" instead of a 12", so maybe add on an additional 100 calories to make up for that. You don't have to be 100% super exact. It's just one meal. Guesstimate as close as you can and it will be fine! : )
  • njabbasi
    Options
    Thank you so much @DaintyWhisper
    That's exactly what I was looking for! It looks really similar to what I had(: