Weighing

Options
Ok, I have a horrible habit of weighing myself every day. I know I shouldn't but it's almost like an addiction. I get super stoked when I lose but it ruins my whole day if I gain an ounce. It makes me sad and want to give up. Any advice on how to break this habit?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Put your scale somewhere inconvenient.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There is nithing wrong with weighing daily as long as you learn to interpret the numbers. Use an app like Happy Scale to track daily & create a trend line. This is DATA that will help you understand how your body Works. The trend line will help you understand that you're going in the right direction despite NORMAL daily & TOM variations.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Each daily weight is just a data point in your weight trend. It's the long-term trend that tells you how your plan is working.

Here's a recent 3-month trend for me where I ate at or slightly below my calorie goal every day:

7zasm0nekzif.jpg

I know my plan is working because I'm losing weight over time.
  • sueberlin
    sueberlin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem :(
    But agree with lorrpb: "There is nithing wrong with weighing daily as long as you learn to interpret the numbers."
    Still working on that as well.
  • meendriss
    meendriss Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day as well. Sometimes even several times a day, to understand how my body works – before/after workouts, before/after eating, with/without clothes etc... whatever feels interesting to me that particular day. My morning weigh-in though is my ritual: it's what helps me keep myself in check. I'm very prone to cheating, and this helps me stay focused on the goal: I am less likely to cheat if I know I'm on track with my weight loss (the scale has gone down or stayed the same) AND I'm less likely to cheat if the scale has gone up (in which case I'm even more motivated to stay on track). So, it's a win-win situation.

Bottom line is, do what works for you, but always keep a positive mind. Try to understand your body and its needs. Weight loss is, above all, a journey of understanding and bonding with your own body.