Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Herbalife users?

Anyone here use Herbalife?

Replies

• kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Scam
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Just eat less calories and lose weight.
  • jaquita2000
    jaquita2000 Posts: 1 Member
    I use Herbalife for the past 8 months. I enjoy it, it makes it easy for breakfast and dinner. They do give meal plans with real food.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Dont waste your money.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    never used it. my local sales person was selling it for 15 pounds for 3 days worth . what a rip off.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    HorribleLife? No thanks.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    I use Herbalife for the past 8 months. I enjoy it, it makes it easy for breakfast and dinner. They do give meal plans with real food.
    So why not just eat the meal plans with real food?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Meal planning is easy and there are TONS AND TONS AND TONS AND TONS of resources available for free online to do it. They even create grocery lists and such so all you have to do is a little cooking.

Here is the MFP Health Eating Intro
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    My mother bought some and gave it to me. Meh ... I make my own smooths with vegetables, fruits & protein powder. Only takes a few minutes and much better for you
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    lilmiss_sunshine29 Posts: 136 Member
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Meal planning is easy and there are TONS AND TONS AND TONS AND TONS of resources available for free online to do it. They even create grocery lists and such so all you have to do is a little cooking.

Here is the MFP Health Eating Intro

thank you.
    my very simple question was whether or not someone used Herblife.
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    lilmiss_sunshine29 Posts: 136 Member
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    In one of my many searches of a quick fix to my obesity I encountered a herbalife life coach.

That coach had no idea how to excersice but yet she felt like she could teach people to move and taught them incorrect form.

She knew nothing about nutrition.. Told us to eat couscous cause it was gluten free (for those who don't know it's definitely not gluten free) and to stay away from fruit cause of the carbs. I didn't drink caffeine at the time and she tried to convince me that the herbalife tea had no stimulating ingredients, not even caffeine..

And when she saw my son, who was 4 months old at the time, and told me I should replace some of his milk with herbalife formula 1 cause she thought he was far (he was lol but he was breastfed and a baby) walked out of there and never looked back.

So my point here is... Á lifestyle coach is not qualified to help you or trained to give you advice. They know *kitten* about nutrition and some of them don't even know what's in the product they're trying to sell you.
    Everyone can become a lifestyle coach for herbalife, they just have to buy the license and go out there and sell the product. No qualification needed or anything.

Just eat clean healthy food and you're good. And if you wanna add strength training, get someone who knows what they're doing to teach you the correct form.
    Treece68 wrote: »
    My mother bought some and gave it to me. Meh ... I make my own smooths with vegetables, fruits & protein powder. Only takes a few minutes and much better for you

curious - how does the protein you add differ to a Herbalife product that does the same or similar job?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    In one of my many searches of a quick fix to my obesity I encountered a herbalife life coach.

That coach had no idea how to excersice but yet she felt like she could teach people to move and taught them incorrect form.

She knew nothing about nutrition.. Told us to eat couscous cause it was gluten free (for those who don't know it's definitely not gluten free) and to stay away from fruit cause of the carbs. I didn't drink caffeine at the time and she tried to convince me that the herbalife tea had no stimulating ingredients, not even caffeine..

And when she saw my son, who was 4 months old at the time, and told me I should replace some of his milk with herbalife formula 1 cause she thought he was far (he was lol but he was breastfed and a baby) walked out of there and never looked back.

So my point here is... Á lifestyle coach is not qualified to help you or trained to give you advice. They know *kitten* about nutrition and some of them don't even know what's in the product they're trying to sell you.
    Everyone can become a lifestyle coach for herbalife, they just have to buy the license and go out there and sell the product. No qualification needed or anything.

Just eat clean healthy food and you're good. And if you wanna add strength training, get someone who knows what they're doing to teach you the correct form.
    Treece68 wrote: »

curious - how does the protein you add differ to a Herbalife product that does the same or similar job?

So for a fraction of the price, you can get higher quality protein powders: https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

And yes, there are a lot worse protein powders out there, there are also a lot higher quality.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Basically what @psuLemon said. Herbalife is a subpar product because of it's subpar ingredients, yet they charge an ultra premium price for it. Doesn't make sense...

Besides that, I can't see how anyone would think that a real fruit smoothie with whole ingredients and a quality protein powder doesn't sound like something more appealing to eat than a powdered drink that costs much more.