What's your most effective workout for toned arms?

Options
Whether it's at the gym or at home I'd like to try some different types of arm workouts to give me a more toned look . :)

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Start lifting
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    What is a "toned" look by your definition? There really isn't standard definition for it because it's a made up word in the fitness industry. So are you talking less fat on your arms? There are no exercises that spot reduce fat off your arms. Are you talking about increasing the firmness under the fat in your arms? Doing arm exercises can achieve that as long as the resistance is challenging enough. Are you talking about adding a little muscle to your arms? That would take more to explain.
    All in all, if you want less fat on your arms, you go into a calorie deficit that's moderate and be consistent with it. Do resistance exercises to retain what muscle you already have.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I started doing lat pulldowns, triceps dips, seated rows for rehab & it has really increased my upper body strength & once I lose the fat I'll be able to see the muscle I've built. I also do commando planks, assisted pull ups, deadlifts. Though I'm not targeting my arms & shoulders I've definitely added definition there.