Passover Survival

Options
Any hints for a low calorie, binge free Passover?

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I've been making quinoa mains. String cheese to snack on. Granitas for dessert. I've also accepted that with so many satiety foods on my verboten list, it's a good time to take a diet break and eat at maintenance. (Or, when everyone around me is having kugel and farfel stuffing... goldarnit, I'm gonna have some too! I'm just going to plug the ingredients into the tracker and measure out a portion that fits my calories ahead of time.)
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Fried matzo might not be a bad option.
    Since a piece (30grams) of plain matzo is only about 110 calories. It's less than bread
    As kids we used to soak matzo with a scrambled egg mixture and fry it up with some cinnamon
    it was pretty tasty and would not be a strain on your daily calorie count at all.
    Just remind yourself there was no candy or cookies in the Sinai so in keeping with the
    spirit of the holiday they should not be in the house.
    Carrots, veggies, and the usual stuff is fine. Turkey, chicken, fish all good choices

Since the wife and her family are of another faith, we celebrate both holidays and get a lot of
    unhealthy food floating around the house. These days, most the family is gone so tradition has diminished a lot,
    but I still keep some of the traditional Passover foods around. Just do your best and remember
    your in control 100% of what you ingest. Make wise choices that you won't regret tomorrow.

• rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I couldn't resistp46xfy8zloxc.png