Skinny Fat Female (stubborn fats)

Hey guys, my girlfriend have a skinny fat bod type, stubborn fats on stomach mainly, well her goal is to improve on the main lifts and also ofcourse she wants an hourglass body, tight booty and flat stomach. I just need your opinion on wether she would bulk or cut? Her age is 18 and she is at 5'3" height at 103lbs. She had been training for i think 2 months from Stronglifts to ICF to Fierce 5. I'm also wondering if what her macros should look like, so i can make a diet plan for her. Thank you in advance to those who will help.

Replies

• HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Your girlfriend is medically underweight with a BMI of 18.2 (healthy range is 18.5 to 25) and if she wishes to improve her figure and fitness she should consult fully qualified professionals.

Being put on a diet plan by her unqualified boyfriend after he asks the internet is not the way for her to go.

Is it her who wants these physical changes, or is it you?
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    P.S. You may mean well, but given you're looking at your underweight girlfriend and thinking she's 'skinny FAT',* and might need to cut :o (!), you don't have realistic enough body image expectations to set goals for her. She needs a qualified professional, who will ensure her diet today doesn't lead to vitamin and mineral depletions which will affect the rest of her life.

*Technically, 'skinny fat' does not mean slim without much muscle definition in the way people use it on bb.com.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Posts by boyfriends on behalf of their girlfriends seldom work out well here.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Hey guys, my girlfriend have a skinny fat bod type, stubborn fats on stomach mainly, well her goal is to improve on the main lifts and also ofcourse she wants an hourglass body, tight booty and flat stomach. I just need your opinion on wether she would bulk or cut? Her age is 18 and she is at 5'3" height at 103lbs. She had been training for i think 2 months from Stronglifts to ICF to Fierce 5. I'm also wondering if what her macros should look like, so i can make a diet plan for her. Thank you in advance to those who will help.

So in 2 months she has switched programs 3 times? That would be one mistake. Tell her to look into StrongCurves which be found (in this link) . And she will probably have to bulk first and then recomp or cut a bit. Being underweight is working against her. The reason she isn't lean is from inadequate body composition which is probably from aggressive dieting of having the belief that weight is tied to leanness.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    I'm 5'3 and close to 35lbs heavier than her. My answer will always be more food and more lifting.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    i'd say the first thing to cut from her routine is the boyfriend.

Took the words right out of my mouth
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    edited April 2017
    psuLemon wrote: »

So in 2 months she has switched programs 3 times? That would be one mistake. Tell her to look into StrongCurves which be found (in this link) . And she will probably have to bulk first and then recomp or cut a bit. Being underweight is working against her. The reason she isn't lean is from inadequate body composition which is probably from aggressive dieting of having the belief that weight is tied to leanness.

That was my thought, too. Stick to one program, and bulk.

I'm choosing to ignore the issue of her BF posting for her, in the hopes that she will find the love of iron/lifting.