When I go to the red light district I .....

Options
EdTheGinge
EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
Will be in the final stages on my preparation for the Amsterdam marathon in October. Is anyone else doing this particular marathon or got any others coming up ?

Hows the training going, any advice for a first timer and what time are you looking for and what do you think would be realistic for the said first timer ?

Cheers

Replies

• EdTheGinge
    Options
    shameless bump
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    First timer, don't worry about your time, just focus on completing it injury free. If you do want to focus on meeting a time limit take your time for a half marathon, double it and add 5-20%. So if half time was 120 minutes, your full time will be (120*2)+5%.

You would be much better off searching on an actual marathon forum, eg runteamkina
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    First timer, don't worry about your time, just focus on completing it injury free. If you do want to focus on meeting a time limit take your time for a half marathon, double it and add 5-20%. So if half time was 120 minutes, your full time will be (120*2)+5%.

You would be much better off searching on an actual marathon forum, eg runteamkina

Cheers dude, yeah I've looked on marathon ones. Just thought I'd ask all the same.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Try to avoid looking at the girls in the windows. Will be quite distracting and you'll end up in a canal.
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Can give a little info if you give a little info

1. what are your three longest runs?
    2. time of a recent all out effort race of a shorter distance
    3. highest week mileage
    4. average of three highest week's mileage
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    1. 18, 15 and 13.1 miles
    2. 1hr 43mins for half marathon (that was April and average min mile has gone down)
    3. about 30miles
    4. probably 15-20miles

I've just started to step it up, due to a change in circumstances
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    1. 18, 15 and 13.1 miles
    2. 1hr 43mins for half marathon (that was April and average min mile has gone down)
    3. about 30miles
    4. probably 15-20miles

I've just started to step it up, due to a change in circumstances

Based on those numbers, I'd say between 4:15 and 4:30.
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    4:15 is really aggressive for low mileage training. I'd say run it a bit slower than your long runs, 30-60 seconds per mile slower. Get ready for things to stop being fun by mile 18 or so.
  • EdTheGinge
    Options
    Thanks all.