cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Still closed:b0gcbx1zxp4p.png

Are you setting the diary to public?
  • manuel_kasko
    manuel_kasko Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Without access to your food log, how much 'scanned stuff' that is unweighed goes into what you eat?

A lot of my dinners and some of my lunches recently have been from youfoodz. Which are meals delivered fresh and packed. Which I chuck in the microwave and eat. They have all nutritional information and are meant to be healthy easy meals.

Not too much scanned unweighed stuff happens though. I'd say it's mainly just bread and eggs because they have the (2 slices = ) with the eggs I presume if I buy the 800g 12 pack that each egg should be around 66-65g and if they are a few grams out then that shouldn't matter.

I've been weighing my breakfast stuff like butter and cottage cheese.

If I eat takeaway then I make sure to go on their website and check the nutritional information. EG. I've eating a few burrito bowls and used the franchises website to check the information.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How often do you weight yourself and when did you start the weight training?
  • manuel_kasko
    Options
    http://imgur.com/a/6friN
    It's public and has been since I made the very first post guys. Please stop asking if I've made it public.
  • beaglebrandon
    beaglebrandon Posts: 97 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If I eat takeaway then I make sure to go on their website and check the nutritional information. EG. I've eating a few burrito bowls and used the franchises website to check the information.

Big red flag there - burrito bowls.

If you actually WEIGH out what you're getting, you'll find in many cases restaurants serve 50-100% MORE food than their nutritional information says they do. So it's 50-100% more calories than you thought.

If you eat something like a sandwich, also make sure that you're actually researching what the calorie count means. For example, subway calorie counts are for 1/2 subs, WITHOUT cheese and WITHOUT any of their high-calorie sauces. Add those and you can in many times double the calories.

They'll also trick you by saying a serving size of something is, say, 8oz. But then serve the customer 12oz of the product. This is again a 50% increase in calories. I noticed this at an ice cream place near us. The calorie counts for ice cream were listed at 5oz. The smallest cone was 12oz! That's a 65% increase in calories!
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've noticed prepackaged food can still weigh more than the package states. I've noticed it on single serve frozen veggies, lara bars and English muffins for example among other items as well
  • psuLemon
    Options
    It's public and has been since I made the very first post guys. Please stop asking if I've made it public.

Hmm... much be a cliche... Are you able to sign on through a web browser?

• manuel_kasko
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    How often do you weight yourself and when did you start the weight training?

Weigh myself every morning.
    It fluctuates between 74.5 -75.5kg

Haven't seen any higher or lower over the past 30 days. Never dropped below 74 and never gone above 75.

Weight training for around 3-4 months now.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    It's definitely possible that your prepackaged meals are more than what the package is stating.
  • comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    The calorie counts for ice cream were listed at 5oz. The smallest cone was 12oz! That's a 65% increase in calories!

That's more than a 100% increase
  • manuel_kasko
    Options
    I'll have to check out tomorrow how much my pre packaged meals actually weigh.

I don't eat burrito bowls or stuff like that too often but it has been a go to a few times over the last few weeks.

So the general consensus is that I must be tracking incorrectly rather than my body doing something weird like gaining muscle and losing fat.

I'll start being more attentive to weighing stuff and not trusting serving information. Plus I today got a body scan done so I'll give it a few weeks and get another one of those and see if anything has changed.

Thanks guys.
    Videos were also help.
    Flow char pretty much tells me to go see a doctor but I'm not overweight so I won't worry about that.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I think we can conclude from all the comments that you are eating more than you think. Calorie counts are not absolute, neither are burns from any kind of exercise. Without much too lose, you have to be very meticulous about you intake. I am at a "skinny fat" phase right now and trying to dial in my calories to where I can get rid of the fat and still maintain and work on building some muscle. I've found this process to be MUCH harder than just cutting calories to lose weight.
  • manuel_kasko
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

Hmm... much be a cliche... Are you able to sign on through a web browser?

Im using my mobile but I'll check on the laptop in the morning
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Well if gaining muscle was that easy, we'd all be doing it. And we didn't even look into what program you are following.

But also know that as you become more lean, there is less room for error.
  • manuel_kasko
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    I think we can conclude from all the comments that you are eating more than you think. Calorie counts are not absolute, neither are burns from any kind of exercise. Without much too lose, you have to be very meticulous about you intake. I am at a "skinny fat" phase right now and trying to dial in my calories to where I can get rid of the fat and still maintain and work on building some muscle. I've found this process to be MUCH harder than just cutting calories to lose weight.

Yeah, seems like I'll have to go the route of cooking my own meals and weighing everything. Not using pre packed or trusting takeaway company information.

Or I could keep doing what I'm doing and lift weights and see what happens. Obviously I'm eating at exact maintenance lol
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »

Yeah, seems like I'll have to go the route of cooking my own meals and weighing everything. Not using pre packed or trusting takeaway company information.

Or I could keep doing what I'm doing and lift weights and see what happens. Obviously I'm eating at exact maintenance lol

So I regularly get sushi and their nutrition is for 305g of sushi.. What was inside is generally 425-475g. You might want to try that with your prepackaged meals.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    If its been a month and no weight loss, then this may be something to address. Even though each meal is supposed to be X you don't know how accurate they are. Healthy is relative, but what is their track record for accuracy? Kind of like going to a restaurant and assuming the chef makes the meal according to standard. But if they're heavy handed in using oil, or use a larger portion than intended of potatoes, how would you know?
    Without access to your food log, how much 'scanned stuff' that is unweighed goes into what you eat?

A lot of my dinners and some of my lunches recently have been from youfoodz. Which are meals delivered fresh and packed. Which I chuck in the microwave and eat. They have all nutritional information and are meant to be healthy easy meals.

Not too much scanned unweighed stuff happens though. I'd say it's mainly just bread and eggs because they have the (2 slices = ) with the eggs I presume if I buy the 800g 12 pack that each egg should be around 66-65g and if they are a few grams out then that shouldn't matter.

I've been weighing my breakfast stuff like butter and cottage cheese.

• beaglebrandon
    beaglebrandon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The calorie counts for ice cream were listed at 5oz. The smallest cone was 12oz! That's a 65% increase in calories!

That's more than a 100% increase

That's a 165% increase I meant to write. :)