Sprint-Triathlon training NSV

Options
...I lost another inch on my waist size and had to buy new pants :-)

Adding swimming and running to my cycling routine had a surprise benefit. My weekly calorie burns are still about the same as before I added swimming and running, but I would have to say my overall fitness is much better.

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    woot woot! just remember, triathlons are like pringles - you can't do just one :)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    woot woot! just remember, triathlons are like pringles - you can't do just one :)

^^ exactly.

• JessM822
    JessM822 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Have fun! Training for 3 disciplines instead of just one is much more enjoyable. Most days at least. lol
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    JessM822 wrote: »
    Have fun! Training for 3 disciplines instead of just one is much more enjoyable. Most days at least. lol

most days...lol!

and other days I'm like - I pay money to do this to myself! (normally around mile 7 of my half iron run)...and then I sign up for another one...
  • birdsonbat71
    birdsonbat71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree that you can't do just one. Did my first sprint at age 61. Three years later, I'll be doing my seventh later this month. Plan on doing them as long as I'm can.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I've done 5 I think. The first one I was so worried that I would fail, I trained really hard, but didn't give up my other workouts. I lost some weight, but mostly just ate more because of all the cardio. I did not stop eating more after the triathlon and the triathlon training was over...whoops :)