Where are all the fat people?

Options
Am I the only very overweight person on this board. I look at at the pics of posts in my notifications bell and all I see are 20 something skinny guys and gals. Need to find some fat people.

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Oh they are here believe me.
  • ShakeOff84
    ShakeOff84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Don't use the F word say Fluffy.. but yea I see so many giving advice but they are not starting out where we are. Motivation my friend join a 5k that's where I started this year.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    They are all in private groups.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    There are many many OTHER forums on MFP besides Chit Chat that have what you're looking for. I frequent some, go to success stories and you will see formerly fat people who have succeeded. There are also groups of all types on here. EXPLORE!
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of obese people here and many more, like myself, who used to be obese. Lots and lots of success stories.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Not 20 something and definitely considered in the Obese I category. I have 70lbs total to lose to goal, have lost almost 15 of it. So, a good start.

But I definitely do not (nor have I ever) look like half the profile images here.

But another poster is correct, a lot of the people here were once overweight/obese and worked their *kitten* off to get to that "confidence selfie" you are seeing. The rest of us just like to hide behind art, funny cat pictures and snark. :P
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Chadxx great icon.

Yo! My BMI says I am officially obese, and the threshold for merely "overweight" is about 37 lbs below me.

I've lost 23 lbs since February 8 and have about 90 left to go. I'm not sure exactly how much I need to lose in pounds because I am aiming for a body composition <=22% fat rather than a weight number.

Since both muscle- and fat- absolute-weight change as you diet, I won't be able to predict my final target weight until I'm much closer to my body composition goal.

My lean mass is around 116 lbs (according to my scale). If I were to not-lose any muscle over the course of my diet then my target weight would be 142 lbs.

Right now I'm losing both fat and muscle because I'm not working out because of chronic orthopedic/overuse injuries. I'm hoping to resume exercise with an abundance of caution after I cross into the 'overweight' category, with the thought that a lower body weight might allow me to exercise without exacerbating the problems. (the lingering injuries are significant enough that I qualify for disabled person parking).
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I have 30 pounds I could lose. I might not look fat, but I have fat and weight loss issues like anyone.