Weight trend app for Imperial units

Options
zyxst
zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
I got Libra and I liked it, but it only uses metric units. Is there an app similar to Libra that uses Imperial? I have TrendWeight on my PC but I dislike the lack of information.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    There's nothing in the settings to change it from metric to imperial? That's weird. Happy Scale gives you the choice, but obviously you can't use it.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Libra has the option for imperial measurements. Go to user details under settings and you can switch between them.

rx9k2cgkzfrv.png
  • zyxst
    Options
    I'm a moron. I couldn't find Settings.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Chances are it's still not Imperial units, but American. The two are not the same although people often talk as if they were. (Although the most significant differences are in units of volume, which may not apply here.)
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm using a spreadsheet I made on my laptop because there didn't seem to be an app that used stones. There are quite a few formula to smooth out the averages and things to get the right kind of graph, and a bit of thinking to work out how to do predictions and so on.

I guess that would work if you have an afternoon to play around with it. Also, how to I keep tabs on this thread? I need to be able to come back and see if anyone has discovered an app that knows what a stone is!!
  • zyxst
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »
    Chances are it's still not Imperial units, but American. The two are not the same although people often talk as if they were. (Although the most significant differences are in units of volume, which may not apply here.)

Color me double-moron. I stupidly thought inches, feet, and pounds were Imperial units. School taught me nothing.
  • zyxst
    Options
    I'm using a spreadsheet I made on my laptop because there didn't seem to be an app that used stones. There are quite a few formula to smooth out the averages and things to get the right kind of graph, and a bit of thinking to work out how to do predictions and so on.

I guess that would work if you have an afternoon to play around with it. Also, how to I keep tabs on this thread? I need to be able to come back and see if anyone has discovered an app that knows what a stone is!!

Supposedly Libra will track stones.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

Color me double-moron. I stupidly thought inches, feet, and pounds were Imperial units. School taught me nothing.

They're Imperial units too. Both American and Imperial units have the same names. Only, sometimes they're actually different sizes. American fluid ounces are larger than Imperial fluid ounces, for instance -- but American pints are smaller, because there are only 16 oz to a pint in the American system rather than 20 as in the Imperial. In consequence, American quarts and gallons are smaller too.

So in particular with volume, if you say Imperial when you really mean American, you're going to get very confused. Not to mention disappointed when your smaller than expected pint of beer arrives in front of you.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

I thought that too!

Metric is cms, metres, and kgs. Or so i thought...