Weekly Workout Routine for Women

Options
2»

Replies

• jaelbaby12001
    jaelbaby12001 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing is my current workout... 3x a week. 1200 calorie burn in an hour! ILOVEKICKBOXING.COM the trainers are great and very helpful and just amazing people. and the classes are made up of real people in all different states of fitness.
  • Rajions
    Rajions Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You do know OP, if you swap from insanity to strength training you're reducing your burn by about 75%

I put my body through crazy stress in the beginning. After a couple weeks I was getting used to it and then the next week, my body couldn't get through it.. it was random. I started getting chills while I was doing it, so I decided to stop and start something else.
  • Rajions
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Rajions wrote: »
    Why not finish insanity? It's obviously working for you?

I'm a runner so I run 3x a week, bike & strength train 2 x a week and walk/yoga the other 2.

Idk what it is but it seems like I'm getting weaker with Insanity. I think my body is getting too stressed out.
    Adding more exercise isn't going to make that better.
    Reducing your aggressive deficit might do.

A mix of strength and cardio is great but exercise has to be fuelled properly.

I eat well, I just want to reduce the intensity of Insanity. Like I commented before its so much jumping and it's hurt my feet from the day I started to the day I decided to stop. I'm glad I lost a couple pounds with it, but it was just too intense.
  • Rajions
    Options
    I think your weekly workout just depends on your goals - since I'm actively training for triathlon, my workouts are focused around that

1-2x swim
    2-3x bike/run (at least one is a long bike/right into a run)

then 3x strength (normally 30-45min) and 1x yoga on my active recovery day

I'm not training for anything. Just want to lose weight and tone up (no bulking).
  • Rajions
    Options
    mkkhoza1 wrote: »
    So many options and ideas. I use fitnessblender.com...you can purchase an inexpensive program and literally your workout is scheduled everyday. Its a husband/wife who do it together and I absolutely love them!

I went to that site before. I follow them on youtube.
  • Rajions
    Options
    Kickboxing is my current workout... 3x a week. 1200 calorie burn in an hour! ILOVEKICKBOXING.COM the trainers are great and very helpful and just amazing people. and the classes are made up of real people in all different states of fitness.

I will check it out. I normally burn like 400 calories in 40 mins lol
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Rajions wrote: »
    I think your weekly workout just depends on your goals - since I'm actively training for triathlon, my workouts are focused around that

1-2x swim
    2-3x bike/run (at least one is a long bike/right into a run)

then 3x strength (normally 30-45min) and 1x yoga on my active recovery day

I'm not training for anything. Just want to lose weight and tone up (no bulking).

You won't bulk. It takes men 2-4 years to naturally add any appreciable muscle mass with 200x the amount of anabolic testosterone in their bodies compared to women. Toning has to do with reducing total body fat to reveal the underlying muscle. But if you don't retain any muscle during your fat loss period you might not achieve the look you're going for. That's why people have suggested actual progressive lifting programs
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    also people are giving you advice on what they are doing based on THEIR goals - you haven't told us yours really - aside from lose weight and tone up...
  • Rajions
    Options
    also people are giving you advice on what they are doing based on THEIR goals - you haven't told us yours really - aside from lose weight and tone up...

That's basically my goal.. I'm not training for anything. I guess when I get to that point that I'm down to the size I want, then my goals will get more detailed.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    doing a progressive overload/structured program will help you meet your goals - but you need to have something beyond down to the size you want (i.e. BF %, weight in lbs) - putting my psychology/coaching hat on, goals need to be SMART (specific, measureable, achievable, relevant, time-bound) - that may help you figure out what you want to achieve which is turn will help us to give you better advice
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Congrats - Insanity is a killer workout!

Currently
    I lift - upper body (back, biceps, chest, triceps, shoulders) rotating about 3 days a week
    Legs - 1 to 2 days a week (weights)
    I mix in cardio about 3 times a week - HIIT, stair intervals and treadmill incline.

Pick the exercise you enjoy, because you're more likely to stick with it. I enjoy lifting, not so much the cardio. However I realize the cardio is beneficial so after lifting certain days I get my cardio in.

Keep it up
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday - full body strength training with a little cardio
    Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday - 9Rounds kickboxing, which I use mostly for the cardio although there is some strength.
    Sunday - walk or swim or absolutely nothing
  • Rajions
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday - full body strength training with a little cardio
    Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday - 9Rounds kickboxing, which I use mostly for the cardio although there is some strength.
    Sunday - walk or swim or absolutely nothing

That sounds like a good plan. That's basically how I've been planning my workouts.