I have never gone to a doctor because.....

Options
I have never gone to a doctor because I eat healthy food.

Replies

• khorshidnaz16
    khorshidnaz16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are right. I do these things and also I do exercises.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I expected this to be in Fun & Games.
  • khorshidnaz16
    Options
    But sometimes we can stop cancer with happiness and health food.
  • khorshidnaz16
    Options
    I mean happiness, healthy food and medical treatment together.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

Yeah right.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    There is more to being healthy than what you put in your mouth.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Is this a joke?

My mother ate predominantly nutritious food and was active. And happy despite the BS in her life. She had cancer and beat it, but she suffered from heart disease for 28 years! Dad ate a similar diet and had bladder cancer. He has Alzheimer's now...and guess what? He was unintentionally low carb, and some low carbers are so adamant that low carb prevents illnesses such as Alzheimer's. HA!
  • khorshidnaz16
    Options
    I had a very bad Sickness, even Infection in my body.(my colon). All doctors told me that I had to surgery otherwise it would be too bad for me. I was very ill. I could not do my rutine life. But I did not like to do sergery. So I decided to do something by myself. I got a lot of information about my illness, about its treatment and remedy. I changed my habite of my eating. I just ate food that was good for my illness. After one year I treated myself. Everybody was shocked. But I won. From that time until now, I have not gone to a doctor. I treat myself just with food, water and exercises, nothing else.
  • Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I had a very bad Sickness, even Infection in my body.(my colon). All doctors told me that I had to surgery otherwise it would be too bad for me. I was very ill. I could not do my rutine life. But I did not like to do sergery. So I decided to do something by myself. I got a lot of information about my illness, about its treatment and remedy. I changed my habite of my eating. I just ate food that was good for my illness. After one year I treated myself. Everybody was shocked. But I won. From that time until now, I have not gone to a doctor. I treat myself just with food, water and exercises, nothing else.

I was not sure how seriously to take this thread, but thank goodness you had doctors who were able to inform you of the disease process in your colon. Also happy to hear you are doing better.

Your story is not a statement about doctors, because you still needed them and used them; but it instead represents being an informed patient and and your own advocate. Good for you. Please make sure you see your DR next year so that you keep your problems in check. A healthy diet will not prevent chronic health problems.
  • terr91payette14
    terr91payette14 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So while I completely understand alot of the responses on this post, I was under the impression this is a support app where we educate each other and build each other. Some of the responses are here are down right rude. I think the poster is just trying to say, a healthy diet is important for over all health. Maybe they were a little exaguratede but I know I've always been taught healthy diet is the best way to stay out of a doctor's office and off medications. I'm also constantly seeing information about cancer fighting foods and such. Just saying