How long do you think it will take to lose 39lbs?

Options
SarahFromWalthamForest
SarahFromWalthamForest Posts: 101 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been losing around 2lbs a week, but I know eventually this will slow down, so I'm wondering how long realistically​ it will take to lose the weight?

Height: 165cm (5ft 5in)
Weight: 164lbs

Replies

• samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, but I'm guessing that your loss will soon slow to 1.5lbs per week, then 1 pound per week, then 0.5 pounds per week as you get closer to your goal. 39 weeks would seem feasible, but this will very much depend on how much of a deficit you can create while staying healthy. 2lbs a week is a fantastic effort, but possibly a little aggressive as you don't have much to lose. The good new is that you can probably afford to eat a little more and still lose weight!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    There's no universal answer...there are like a million variables. It took me about 9 months to lose 40 Lbs.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I would guess a year but, as has been stated, there are many variables.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    For me I would say about 1 year. You do lose faster in the beginning but no one is perfect all of the time so taking into consideration slowing weight loss and days you will be over, I'd give yourself a yearish.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    No answer really. But I started with the same stats. 5'4" ad 163. I think it took me 9 months to lose 30 lbs.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    It took me 6 months to lose 60# then another 6 months to lose 5#. That part was the hardest. Keep plugging away at it and even if you stall for months on end like I did, its way better than going backward.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,371 Member
    Options
    Took me 8 months. About the liquid diet....just want to share that my hubby lost a ton of weight on that, but it was by accident lol. He had all his upper teeth pulled & waited 6mo to get dentures. During that time he ate 99% out of the nutribullit. He did make smoothies with fruit,veggies,nuts,flax & oatmeal early in the day, but the rest of the day, he just put whatever I made for dinner plus added some milk, broth etc. So he got a balanced diet but in liquid form. He did lose weight that way, about 50lbs in 6 months. He still makes one in the morning now that he has his dentures & I make a fruit/veggie smoothie for breakfast in there. really fills you up