Scale not budging! Am I not doing enough?

Options
My weight loss journey has been on and off but it is on for good now. I restarted last Monday and I've already lost 8 pounds!! Woohoo! I lost that weight walking home from work (3 miles, 45 minutes) in the sweltering 90+ degree heat! I eat 1200-1300 calories everyday and I still use the walking home as my exercise but the weather has calmed down to a 80ish degree weather. I don't sweat as much doing it since it's not as hot but I do feel the burn! However my scale has been stuck at 231.6 and its really frustrating. Am I not doing enough? I guess I have to hike it up! Let me know!

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking plenty and plenty of water???

Eating lots of fruit, veggies, protein etc???

1200-1300 isn't really that much..... How tall are you? Work out your BMR & TDEE, A lot of people of here eat more, then the scale goes down.....Try that for a couple of weeks by an extra 100/200
  • samanthasky
    samanthasky Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and yes I drink half of my weight in ounces! And I think I get enough protein! Maybe I can link my food diary so you can let me know!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed. It would be helpful to open it.

The 8 lbs you lost right away was most likely water weight (not to be a Debbie downer), but that usually happens when you start working out after time off.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You probably (ok, definitely) did not lose 8lbs of fat last week...a lot of that was water weight. Don't worry about whether or not you're sweating a lot, that just results in loss of water. I'm just saying this because you shouldn't expect to lose that much weight each week. I wouldn't judge your loss by only one week. Give it some more time.
  • samanthasky
    Options
    Yeah I figured it was water weight.. but still http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/samanthasky I feel like I eat enough! I think I should just hike up the work out to something difficult now! I'm going to start Jillian Michael's Body Revolution next week as well!
  • samanthasky
    Options
    I've lost 25 pounds on MFP I can definitely do it again!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    te problem is the 1200- 1 300 calories u nee d more than that
  • samanthasky
    Options
    But I kind of feel like I'm okay with the calories I'm eating? I've always had a small stomach but now I'm learning to stop eating when I feel full.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    By looking at your diary, are you logging any exercise?

If not, you need to and eat some of those cals back.
  • samanthasky
    Options
    Yes I'm logging exercise
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Has it been a full day, or just a few hours of not budging?
  • pnkpnthr62
    Options
    Do not go by the scales as muscle weighs much more than fat. I lost over 20" a couple of years ago and never lost one pound on the scales...but my body looked great! I had turned all those fat pounds into lean muscle. You should take body measurements and depend more on that than the scale
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    You have days where you are not logging any food, so you're either not eating anything all day ... or you're eating whatever, just not logging it.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    But I kind of feel like I'm okay with the calories I'm eating? I've always had a small stomach but now I'm learning to stop eating when I feel full.

Feeling full or not isn't a good indication of whether or not you are getting enough nutrition.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Has it been a full day, or just a few hours of not budging?

JCGiypi.gif
  • Lili0817
    Lili0817 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I think you need to increase your workouts. Do something that really get's your heart rate going. Like, sprints, jump rope. And if you start working out, then you need to eat more.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    How could a pound of muscle weigh more than a pound of fat. A pound of anything is 16 ounces. Muscle takes up less volume than fat so that's why your body looks smaller. But a pound is till a pound.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    It might also be a good idea to adjust your expectations and only weigh yourself once a week.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

Asks for help on weight loss.

Argues with the most sensible suggestion.

Seems legit.

(You need to eat more. Find your TDEE and eat 20% less than that.)
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    you said you just started last Monday and already lost 8 pounds... how is the scale not budging. a good weight loss is between 1-2 pounds per week... be happy with your loss, its a lot for such a short time...