eat shrink and be merry

NinjaPrincess
NinjaPrincess Posts: 62
edited September 21 in Recipes
hey everyone I am looking for the recipe for the lemon couscous with roasted veg from this cookbook. I only need the veggie part as I just use a box for the lemon couscous. It is very tasty if anyone can help it would be great!

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Depends on what veggies for how long to roast for. I put a cookie sheet of sliced veggies (toss VERY lightly with olive oil and sprinkle some salf and pepper) in a 400-425 degree oven until I think they are done perfectly for me - usually about 15 minutes (I like al dente. If you are doing some lemon couscous, I would add some lemon zest as soon as they come out of the oven - alittle goes a long way. Good luck! Sounds yummy!
  • 4lafz
    Depends on what veggies for how long to roast for. I put a cookie sheet of sliced veggies (toss VERY lightly with olive oil and sprinkle some salf and pepper) in a 400-425 degree oven until I think they are done perfectly for me - usually about 15 minutes (I like al dente. If you are doing some lemon couscous, I would add some lemon zest as soon as they come out of the oven - alittle goes a long way. Good luck! Sounds yummy!
  • thanks i seem to remember using yams, onions, garlic, mushrooms, red and orange pepper,
    adding a can of chick peas
    parmesean for the cheese
    then basil and rosemary for spices .

am I missing anything? I invited my boss over for dinner and said I would make it but my roommate left with the cookbook :(
  • 4lafz
    Nope - it sounds yummy just like you have it written. I would use thyme and lemon zest but that's just because I LOVE lemon and thyme goes so well. You don't need a zester tool - just use the small grate on your grater - the one you use for parmesean.
This discussion has been closed.