Sautéed dates recipe

Options
Hey everyone
I've been wondering if anybody has tried this recipe before :|
I've been eating it as a side dish with my lunch for 4 days, and I feel like it reduces insulin because it causes alittle depression and anger(from my personal experience)..
So this got me wondering , does a fruit based diet reduce insulin?
'cause i know that fruits contain alot of carbs.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    T2 diabetic in remission here.

1. How much of the sautéed dates are you eating?
    2. Are you eating protein with this meal too?
    3. Too much sugar for a pre-diabetic will stimulate an over-enthusiastic insulin response, which in turn will result in a drop in blood sugar.
    4. A drop in blood sugar can result in irritability.

So in short, fruits don't reduce insulin. They can stimulate an insulin response and the corresponding low blood sugar.

You can prevent that response by reducing the portion of sautéed dates, eating them with a bit of protein, or running up and down a few flights of stairs right after lunch.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm curious why you would want to eat something that makes you angry and depressed?
  • facobedina
    facobedina Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This recipe should've better been called "hopelessness" :p
    I eat only 3 to 5 sautéed dates , and from the first bite my tears begin to fall down like a rain :D
    However in general ,it has some great benefits for girls, and it actually works for some girls.
    cmtigger wrote: »
    I'm curious why you would want to eat something that makes you angry and depressed?

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    facobedina wrote: »
    I eat only 3 to 5 sautéed dates , and from the first bite my tears begin to fall down like a rain :D
    However in general ,it has some great benefits for girls, and it actually works for some girls.

What?! Why is food that makes you cry a good thing? And what benefits does it have for girls?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

Oh, I think we've all been there. Candy corn, for example.

Um, what?
  • facobedina
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I just wanna be clear here, it wasn't suppose to cause anger and depression , I just been talking about my personal experience here.

Other girls eat it with a happy smile ,and they have wonderful results with it ; it regulates hormones, stimulates muscle contractility and things like that...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    I just wanna be clear here, it wasn't suppose to cause anger and depression , I just been talking about my personal experience here.

Other girls eat it with a happy smile ,and they have wonderful results with it ; it regulates hormones, stimulates muscle contractility and things like that...

Are you sure the dates aren't laced with drugs?
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

Are you sure the dates aren't laced with drugs?

That would explain sooo much because these answers aren't doing it.

Also the title said recipe - where is it?
  • facobedina
    Options
    In my country, we are familiar with using natural remedies to treat diseases.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    In my country, we are familiar with using natural remedies to treat diseases.

Sounds like this remedy has terrible side effects.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

What muscles?