IIFYM Help... (sorry, I'm a newbie)

Options
2»

Replies

• juliakessel7
    Options
    So motivating! Thank you tmpecus78! **

Trust me when I say, you will enjoy it. I know of a lot of people who were skeptical at first, but once they tried it fell in love with it. You have so much more freedom.

You've said it! The freedom feeling is there. feeling it already! Thanks!
  • juliakessel7
    Options
    sounds like your doing it right!

you only have less than 20 pounds to lose. you might want to even think about setting it to 10%

Thanks! Interesting advice... I wasn't sure just because 1200 calories was SO drastic and then adding in more was scary! I will definitely take that into consideration! :)
  • juliakessel7
    Options
    PS- since you all are extremely supportive, awesome & helpful, feel free to add me as a friend! :happy:
  • Peaches2k
    Peaches2k Posts: 8
    Options
    So I've read all this with interest as someone who only needs to lose about 20 pounds but is finding it very hard at the moment, having done it before.

I have entered my details etc but have found that the goals set by mfp re: carbs etc are much higher than that suggest by IIFYM.

Also, does anyone know where to get some good recipes from as it seems IIFYM wants me to eat max 130 carbs a day and I am currently averaging about 180 so I would like some ideas as to how to cut this out.

My calorie goal is 1200 a day on mfp. I exercise about 3/4 times a week and do not usually eat back my calories and so am usually always under this amount.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    So I've read all this with interest as someone who only needs to lose about 20 pounds but is finding it very hard at the moment, having done it before.

I have entered my details etc but have found that the goals set by mfp re: carbs etc are much higher than that suggest by IIFYM.

Also, does anyone know where to get some good recipes from as it seems IIFYM wants me to eat max 130 carbs a day and I am currently averaging about 180 so I would like some ideas as to how to cut this out.

My calorie goal is 1200 a day on mfp. I exercise about 3/4 times a week and do not usually eat back my calories and so am usually always under this amount.

Do you have access to a bodyfat measuring scale? Calculate your protein goals based on your lean mass. (I do 1g protein per pound of LEAN mass) and then your carbs and fats can be whatever you want. Make sure not to skimp on fats though... you need those for hormone synthesis :)