What makes you lose momentum?

Options
13»

Replies

• amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Whenever my depression, anxiety and bdd decides to make me feel like crap I often find myself losing momentum. Happened today and forced myself to go to the gym but just felt like binge eating the entire day and wondered if I will ever reach my goal weight.
  • jroy1999
    jroy1999 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Stress and my depression/ anxiety. This past week has been awful for me, especially with all the holiday food around. Plus, I tried a bunch of clothes on that I thought at least 1/3- 1/2 of them would fit, but nope, just a couple pieces fit nice. I know it's an improvement, but still disappointing.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    If I had a bad workout or feel like my progress isn't where it should be, momentum loss is real. If it's a bad workout, I go for a run that night to shake it off. It always works for me. Puts my head back in the game.

I remind myself that 1 hiccup, or 1 week of stalled progress will not undo all of the work I put in. That usually gets my head out of my butt. :smiley:
  • bossymom15
    bossymom15 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

"Good enough" Constant vigilance" "Motivation is a lie"

I don't think motivation is a lie, I just think it's hugely overrated and takes away from the real issue- determination. Agree that good habits will see you through most of the time but you have to keep your guard up. Good habits need to be defended. When you catch yourself mindlessly eating candy, the answer is the trash can.

Determination sees a project through to the end.
    Want to lose 50 lbs because your knees hurt. You lose 30 and they quit hurting. Now what?

You're flying high because 25 lbs seemed to melt away, the next 15 not so much. Determination time. [/quote]

Love this......Determination.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    When it feels like I'm working hard and not seeing the results I had hoped for. It feels like "why bother"? Like if I'm not getting anywhere by eating small portions of nutritious foods, why not just eat whatever the heck I want anyhow?

What I'm learning is that I derail pretty regularly (though not always because of motivation/discouragement issues). Birthdays. Anniversaries. Holidays. But I've gotten a LOT better at turning around and pushing forward again. It means that it'll take longer to reach my goals. But... I'm starting to be more okay with that.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Stress and junk food!
  • crowed1993
    crowed1993 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Add me!