Run Challenge for August?

Options
Is anyone up for putting a run challenge out there for August. We are getting close to the end of July and would love to continue what I see people doing in the Run Challenge of July!! I am training for a 10K in September and would love to stay motivated with one of these types of challenges. Let's see if we can get something put together. :smile:

Replies

• VixB1842
    VixB1842 Posts: 36
    Options
    sounds good :) count me in! My first fitness/weight loss goal deadline is the end of August so it will definitely keep me motivated! I'm in week 3 of c25k so really up for seeing how far I can go and in what time :)
  • Italia2229
    Italia2229 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That's awesome and best of luck to you!! :smile: I am sure you will do amazing with the c25k training. I have heard numerous people do wonders with that!! I am looking forward to doing my first 10k in September and my second half marathon next March. How many miles should make this challenge for August?
  • VixB1842
    Options
    Wow good luck with that, I can't wait to get to a point where I can start doing races, been looking to do my first 5k in October maybe.
    At the moment I run around 8miles a week...shall we go for 40/50miles? I'm new at this so thats a lot for me, may not be for everyone else haha.
  • Italia2229
    Options
    Thank you!! I am sure that you will be ready for your first 5k before you know it. :) Stay motivated. We can start out with 40/50 and go from there. We are all here to help each other so we start small and work towards a bigger goal!!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    What we talking 50miles in the month ?
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I am in, i am training for a half marathon in October so this would help.
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
  • rkleespies
    rkleespies Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun! I'm training for a half in October as well...on week 2 of the Hal Higdon Novice 1 plan, and could use the extra accountability!
  • VixB1842
    Options
    What we talking 50miles in the month ?

Yep. I'm a complete beginner and 3 miles 3 times a week is a killer for me so thought I would suggest somethig that would push my disgraceful fitness level, obviously I realise its not really a challenge to most...feel free to double it. Whatever gets you moving and keeps you moving I reckon.
    Everyone has to start somewhere though I guess.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I need to be looking at 100 a month but I'll go with the group
  • emily27uk
    emily27uk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well you doing better than me, I struggle to run 2 miles, but a month ago I struggled with a mile. Ill get to 3 miles soon enough.
  • VixB1842
    Options
    Well you doing better than me, I struggle to run 2 miles, but a month ago I struggled with a mile. Ill get to 3 miles soon enough.

you definitely will :) sounds like you've already made great progress. It has taken me a couple of months to get up to even this so to me its a big thing, I just suddenly realised everyone else replying was way more competent than me and my dodgy knees and spine could hope to be...now thinking I'll leave it a while before entering any challenges where you need to be an actual runner and not the wheesing, panting, crawling effort I manage 3 times a week haha!
  • healthfulnow
    healthfulnow Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Please count me in. I am currently training for my third 5K race mid September. I am doing some 4 mile runs currently at an easy pace 3x a week, and will begin some interval training early August. It would be great to be accountable to a group of people along with my iphone app!!!
  • Italia2229
    Options
    If you can do 50, do 50. If you need to push a little bit higher, you are more than welcome. This is just to get those motivated that need a little bit more motivation than others and for those of us that are training to keep others motivated. We will shoot for 50 and if you do more, awesome!! Just stay motivated and help those that need to be motivated. :wink: Post up throughout the month to let us know how you are doing or post up if you just need a little extra push to get remotivated. To all those that are training for your halves, good luck with your training and your race. Let us know how it is going!!

Stay motivated everyone and do things you have never done before!! :smile:
  • Italia2229
    Options

We all struggled somewhere. I know I did when I started out. Just keep pushing through and you will be doing three miles in no time!!! Stay motivated!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well. I just started running last fall and have my first marathon in a few months.

I am happy to help encourage others who are also in the process of increasing mileage
  • Italia2229
    Options
    Count me in as well. I just started running last fall and have my first marathon in a few months.

I am happy to help encourage others who are also in the process of increasing mileage

Good luck on your first marathon!! Keep us posted on how it goes. Thank you!! :happy:
  • Italia2229
    Options
    Well, tomorrow is the start of a new month!! I look forward to seeing the mile updates throughout the month!

Stay motivated and if you feel like you are losing motivation, let us know!! We are here to help each other. :happy:
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I just finished the Run a 3k a few weeks ago. I log about 5-7 miles per week so I like this challenge. With school starting I need the extra push!
  • Italia2229
    Options
    Have definitely not been too motivated this past week. I have 40 more miles to go and we are almost half way through the month!!
    I have only ran 10.7 miles as of yesterday!