what will you eat for lunch today?

Replies

• Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    a boiled egg, an apple and maybe a greek yogurt
  • crazyycatlady1
    crazyycatlady1 Posts: 292 Member
    I like your lunch.
    I put vegetables and fruit into the water for 5 minutes and then wash them with salt and vinegar and water several times.
    There are some shops where sell chickens without hormone and antibioticse. I buy from there.

Wow.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I pretty much eat the same lunch every day at work:

Arnolds whole wheat sandwich thin with 2 oz low-fat deli turkey, 1 slice cheese and lots of spinach and tomato. Oh, a tsp of spicy brown mustard.

1 serving Cheez-Its (reduced fat)

1 apple

(sometimes instead of turkey, I make my sammie with tuna salad)

Very filling!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Leftover shrimp, rapini, risotto with cauliflower.. and whatever other leftovers I can find in the fridge
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited April 2017
    I take a slice of homemade bread to work for lunch. I have a partial banana at work. I toast the bread at work, cut about 18 g from the banana and spread it on the bread, eat it, then drink a vegan protein powder stirred into a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

My calorie deficit happens at work.
  • JeromeBarry1
    Dont the hormones in chicken and pesticides on the salad cause cancer?

There's no evidence of that. Remember, "Cancer" is used in food advertisements to say "buy what I'm selling, not what he's selling".
  • crazyycatlady1
    crazyycatlady1 Posts: 292 Member
    edited April 2017

There's no evidence of that. Remember, "Cancer" is used in food advertisements to say "buy what I'm selling, not what he's selling".

I believe this was sarcasm, tied to another thread from the OP that has since been removed.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member

I believe this was sarcasm, tied to another thread from the OP that has since been removed.

Yes, yes it was ;)
  • JeromeBarry1

Yes, yes it was ;)

So I'm slow. Meh.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    Leftovers from a skillet meal that I made last week after a busy night of kid activities. Chicken Florentine pasta - I added sautéed zucchini and more chicken. Will also have a Chobani Flip.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I'm going to have enchilada casserole -- corn tortillas, mushrooms, pinto beans, roasted potatoes, cashew cream, and enchilada sauce. I made a big pan last night so I have my lunch set for the whole week.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    A chilli from Wendy's
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    I'm having homemade hummus, wheat thins, baby carrots, and strawberries.
  • YogaBookLady37
    YogaBookLady37 Posts: 34 Member
    Chickpeas marinated in vinaigrette over spinach. And a flavored unsweetened seltzer water.
  • canihazcarbs
    canihazcarbs Posts: 18 Member
    chicken breast with broccoli. 275 calories if im not mistaken.
  • fupthesides
    fupthesides Posts: 71 Member
    Tuna Salad on butter lettuce and raspberries
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    I had turkey breast that I tossed in mayo and curry powder and steamed with kale, kohlrabi, a bit of butternut squash and green onion and then made an avocado chia chocolate pudding- life is good <3
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I had turkey breast that I tossed in mayo and curry powder and steamed with kale, kohlrabi, a bit of butternut squash and green onion and then made an avocado chia chocolate pudding- life is good <3

The avocado chia chocolate pudding sounds good!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Tuna with a grain mustard caper sauce over steamed quinoa and roasted asparagus.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Today I had 2 hard boiled (easter) eggs. Plus a bag full of carrots, celery and cucumber sticks. Oh, and a diet coke.

This is not my normal way of eating. I'm just trying to cut back a bit because I splurged a bit over the weekend.