New-bee

Options
I am new to fitness pal, my soon to be trainer told me about this site. I already discovered I eat too much sugar. So changes must occur. Change is hard, but I know that the results will be much better! I have had a rough summer. I badly sprained my left ankle practicing for a dance competition. I also found out that I have high cholesterol and high triglycerides. I also need new glasses. So, basically I started feeling like I was falling apart.

However, I am determined to get into better shape. I have been going to physical therapy to strengthen my ankle. I am going to start eating right. I will get new glasses. Life will get better. I know the journey will be tough, but I know I have people who love and support me! :laugh:

Replies

• eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    We're so glad you're here to take care of yourself! It sounds like you have a positive attitude and a good support system. Best wishes!
  • beverlyweaver73
    beverlyweaver73 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • toddmoore83
    toddmoore83 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes, SUGAR... That is the 1st thing to get control of, and lots of times the hardest.. WATER is the way.. Cut out soda and sweet tea is a GREAT start... You would be amazed just how sweet that stuff is after just a week on just water. Taste just like syrup...
    You can add lemon, lime or orange slices to your water for flavor. These also help out with your health by providing vitamins and cancer blockers..
    So good luck and check out the recipes on here.. They are GREAT...
  • jezwins1
    jezwins1 Posts: 34
    Options
    Eat healthy food, stick to your calories and exercise lots its as simple as that. Keep up the hard work and good luck:wink:
  • beverlyweaver73
    beverlyweaver73 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink water. I rarely drink soda or tea. I like the idea of adding fruit slices to my water - that would make it more interesting. My sugar is coming from my morning non fat chai tea latte. That will be hard to give up. My physical therapist just gave me the go ahead to gently get back to Irish dance! That makes me very happy! :happy:
  • toddmoore83
    toddmoore83 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink water. I rarely drink soda or tea. I like the idea of adding fruit slices to my water - that would make it more interesting. My sugar is coming from my morning non fat chai tea latte. That will be hard to give up. My physical therapist just gave me the go ahead to gently get back to Irish dance! That makes me very happy! :happy:

Dancing... That will work....
    Good Luck..