Confidence help?

Options
Hi, so I'm 5'2" and 140 pounds. I have 24.5% body fat and my personal trainer told me that's right on the mark for body fat for my age (I'm 23). And i do carry muscle in my legs more but I when I get on the scale I get disappointed because I'd rather the scale read 120. My question is does anyone else have issues knowing you're full of muscle but you still don't like the number on the scale? I still have a hard time finding that balance or knowing I need to go up in pants size even though the weight I gain is good for me.

Replies

• Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is worth it not to go on the scales for a while. If you are weight lifting (which I am assuming you are) then the number on the scale doesn't tell you as much. Gaining confidence isn't easy but instead of focusing on the number on the scale (or your pants size) it may be better to focus on what you do like about yourself.

Im not particularly muscular but do tend to like yourself have more muscle in the thigh area i have on the whole accepted that i will always have a larger pant size than top size. When I was at my heaviest I hated how I looked and the number on the scale was depressing but I still tried to focus on the things I did like about myself (great boobs, big eyes, full lips). That small list is expanding while I improve my appearance by losing weight. Focus on how you can be the best you without letting the numbers dominate.
  • Daddy78230
    Daddy78230 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Seems like you're comparing yourself to the average 5'2' female (maybe a BMI female for your height and age). Obviously you're extraordinary and you're in better shape than average 'healthy' woman. Don't compare yourself to averages.